ICYMI, Pantone has officially unveiled Very Peri as the color of the year for 2022. The endearing periwinkle hue is meant to symbolize a fresh start for the world after almost two years of isolation and unpredictable circumstances. The color is slated to somehow get your creative juices flowing, as it's said to "[encourage] personal inventiveness."
Very Peri seems to be where pastel shades of purple meets robust tones of blue. It's definitely easy on the eyes, and we're certain it would be a fun color to wear as we ring in the new year. Need some inspo on how to rock this delightful hue? Scroll on for 12 celebs and influencers making a case for very peri looks!
12 OOTDs that will inspire you to wear very peri, as seen on local celebs and influencers
1. An easy way to sport the color is with a matching polo and shorts set. Rhea Bue lets hers take center stage, pairing it with a plain bandeau top and the cutest reworked handbag.
2. We can always trust our girl, Mimiyuuuh, to be one with the times. Here, she buttons up and tucks in her very peri blazer into a pair of two-tone jeans for a casual look that packs a punch.
3. There's a certain inviting quality to the 2022 color of the year, and Liza Soberano's 'fit embodies it. Her cozy, chunky cardigan wears nicely with some straight leg jeans and hefty sandals.
4. Lissa Kahayon shows us how very peri lends itself to some color blocking. She wears her loose blazer over a chartreuse cowl neck dress for some pleasing contrast.
5. If you need more convincing, let Laureen Uy prove to you how well purple tones such as very peri compliment shades of green. We're totally loving how she teamed her cropped sweatshirt with a school girl-esque plaid skirt.
6. Dressing up the hue is KC Concepcion, who chose to rock it through a chiffon mini dress with a frilly feathered trim. Love!
7. Looking as cool as ever is Julia Barretto, who sported a top and bucket hat in fun shades of very peri. If the cute bucket hat she has on takes your fancy, you can cop one from The Juju Club, her very own brand.
8. Influencer Jammy Cruz lounges at home in a very peri one-shoulder top and some airy trousers for maximum style and comfort.
9. We bet this fun color looks just as great under the sun. Case in point: Here's Elisse Joson clad in a sleek maillot in the cute periwinkle tone for her pool day.
10. Also going for a dip in the water was Bea Marin, who's totally convincing us to shop strappy, very peri bikinis.
11. In another masterclass on color-blocking, Camille Co exhibits how deep yellows and light hues of purple, such as very peri, make for a perpetually lovely pairing.
12. An asymmetrical ribbed top tucked into jeans can do no wrong, and Bella Racelis shows that you can amp up the go-to ensemble by wearing it in very peri.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!