If you're not the type to overthink your outfits, choosing pieces in neutral colors is the way to go—they make dressing up so much easier! However, dressing in blacks, whites, and taupes can get boring and old real fast. To remedy this, we recommend sticking to pieces with ~*interesting*~ cuts, silhouettes, and details. One era that has all of that and more is the early aughts. This is the perfect fashion reference to take inspo from in case you want in on the trend. Bianca Gan, a Gen Z influencer and content creator, seems to have mastered this style with ease. Check out 10 of her best Y2K-inspired 'fits in muted hues below:
Bianca Gan's Y2K-Inspired Outfits
1. This particular OOTD is proof that mixing and matching different shades of brown is a chic combo. We love how Bianca balanced her outfit by pairing her mini skirt with knee-high boots.
2. Thanks to the eternally humid weather in our country, you can wear a maillot as a top and pair it with denim shorts any time of the year.
3. Just because you're wearing earth tones doesn't mean it has to be boring. Keep things interesting by throwing in a piece with an interesting print. Case in point: Bianca's floral skirt.
4. Bianca's sleeveless mini sheath dress and knee-high boots combination is a match made in heaven. Bonus points for that Louis Vuitton purse!
5. On days when you want to be comfy, you can pair your rhinestone-encrusted racerback tank top with sweatshorts. Like Bianca, wear it with high-cut Converse sneaks and call it a day!
6. Of couse, flared jeans are a must in any Y2K-inspired outfit!
7. Keep things simple by going for the good old black-and-white combination. Don't forget your sunnies and baguette bag!
8. Bianca's delicate lace-trimmed top is what really seals the deal for this dainty OOTD. But we're loving that corduroy mini skirt, too!
9. Matching with your OOTD background? We're totally here for it! We love how Bianca opted for a print on print look and made it work.
10. You can never go wrong with a cable knit cardigan, especially if it comes in the chicest forest green color.
This story originally appeared on Preview.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!