Summer is officially here and we know you’re missing the ocean just as much as we do! If you’re looking for accessories that will elevate your beach outfit but you’re worried about them getting damaged, here are four local brands that offer long-lasting beach-proof jewelry that won’t hurt your wallet!
If you’re tired of jewelry that tarnishes quickly, they are too. Their pieces go through a process called Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) which vacuum seals the materials with a quality gold finish. This procedure strengthens the jewelry’s molecular bond, allowing it to withstand harsh elements and activities. You won’t have to worry about damaging your purchases, whether you’re going out for a dip in the ocean or grinding at the gym. Best for sensitive skin types, rest assured that their pieces don’t contain any materials that will trigger an allergic reaction, and harmful metals such as nickel and lead aren’t used in production. A plus is that after your jewelry’s first long life, it’s 100% recyclable! Shop at their website and check out their Instagram!
Rock chic sun and sea-resistant jewelry anytime. With most of their pieces made from stainless steel or brass, you can have confidence that their pieces are durable especially as they use 18k gold for the PVD method too! This makes their jewelry more resistant to rust, water, and sweat. Aside from their jewelry, they also released fresh, cute, and colorful macrame bucket hats and mini totes from their Bloom collection that can be great statement pieces for your beach OOTDs as well! You can have 10% off on your first purchase once you subscribe to their newsletter and be part of the club. Get ready to flaunt accessories made for golden days. Browse through their website and follow them on Instagram!
Isla's Beach-Proof Jewelry collection gives you a lot of pieces to choose from. Based in Siargao, all their pieces are truly handmade in paradise. You’ll definitely sass up your beach get-up with their fine 18k gold-plated stainless steel pieces. No need to get anxious about tarnishing them quickly as they’re proven and tested on the sea by some of the shop’s surfer besties! Celebrities like Andi Eigenmann, Celeste Cortesi, and Kylie Verzosa totally approve of their pieces! Go to their website to purchase their gorgeous items!
Isolana Co. offers saltwater-resistant, hypoallergenic, nickel-free, lead-free, and non-tarnish pieces you can definitely wear on a playful day at the shore or even submerged underwater.
But apart from their beautiful collection, Isolana Co. is more than just your regular jewelry brand. They give a portion of their sales to non-profit organizations in the Philippines. You’ll be part of something beyond your jewelry as your orders serve as a partnership with the following beneficiaries:
- Waves for Water Philippines, a movement that aids local communities to gain access to clean and safe water by using portable water filter systems, building rainwater harvesting systems in areas where groundwater isn’t accessible, plus renovating and digging wells.
- Project Curma (Coastal Underwater Resource Management Actions), a sanctuary in La Union for sea turtles during hatching season. Its top priority is sea turtle conservation under the Science of Identity Foundation (SIFCare).
- Moalboal Animal Welfare (formerly Moalbol Dog Rescue), a dog shelter in Moalboal, Cebu rescues and gives a new safe home to mistreated and abandoned animals. You can adopt furbabies and give them a loving home.
- Siargao Environmental Awareness (S.E.A.) Movement, a non-profit organization that seeks to protect and preserve Siargao’s marine resources. They are composed of Siargao’s SEAtizens that are dedicated to standing up for their community’s environmental rights.
- Save Philippine Seas (SPS), a non-profit organization with an advocaSEA to educate Filipino communities about the significance of protecting the country’s sea resources and collectively take action toward its preservation. They believe that the Philippines is worth diving for.
- Plastic Free Bohol, a non-profit organization that takes initiative in beach clean-ups in Bohol, Philippines against plastic pollution. They also arrange outreach programs for the local communities and promote sustainable living.
Each of your purchases contributes to bringing environmental projects and animal rescue efforts continue into motion. Currently, 170,951 PHP have been donated from their sales. You can shop for a good cause! Browse through their website now.
Ready to hit the beach and be an unapologetically fashionable island girl? Count us in!