The pandemic in all its dreariness has unleashed a sartorial fixation on color. After spending over a year sitting on unfulfilled energy, it makes perfect sense for people to just want to wear vibrant things– just look at the persistent Y2K trend and the ubiquitous interest in printed bikinis! However, if you're one to stick to neutrals, don't hesitate to indulge the occassional head-to-toe black OOTD.
Angelique Manto's clearly a fan of ebony ensembles. Her shadowy IG feed makes a strong case for how flattering black OOTDs will always look. For inspo, keep scrolling!
1. Pair an open back blouse with black relaxed trousers or joggers. Accessorize with a baguette bag and thick hi-top sneakers.
2. Make sure to cop a cropped blazer if you haven't already. It'll look so chic with high-waisted pants!
3. Itty-bitty napkins tops and big, baggy jeans make a strong tandem. These shapes are so flattering!
4. For a laid back lounging day, wear bike shorts and a trusty bralette, and don't forget to accessorize with chunky silver hoops.
5. Heeled thong sandals are super low-key, but you're sure to get a lot of mileage out of them. Wear them with slightly flared black pants, a cropped racerback top, a cylindrical crossbody bag, and chunky chain necklaces. So chic.
6. A backless dress is a wardrobe must-have– it's effortlessly sultry and takes zero effort to put on. Offset the slinky silhouette with a pair of solid sneakers.
7. Okay, this tee is in a deep navy shade, but it can pass as black. Point is, pair your fave dark tee with front slit trousers and pillowy platform slippers.
8. Make a statement by wearing a second-skin halter bodysuit, fitted jet-black pants, a classic leather jacket, and heeled calf leather boots. We're totally in love with this look!
9. For her 25th birthday, Angelique wore a backless long-sleeved midi dress and Prada Monolith ankle boots. We could live in this 'fit–you can wear it to just about any occasion.
10. Can't wait for Halloween? Cop a witchy maxi dress with bell sleeves and a high neck. Seal the deal with a chunky silver necklace.
This story originally appeared on Preview.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!