7 Tips for the Bargain Hunter
- Make a list of the things you need to buy. It will save you a lot of time if you have them all written down. By doing this, you won't forget the people you need to buy Christmas gifts for.
- Bring enough cash that you need. There are some bazaars with ATM machines and credit cards available so bring your fantastic plastic, just in case.
- Wear comfortable clothes. A skirt, tank top, and ballet flats make up the perfect bazaar shopping outfit. Some bazaars don't have air conditioners so it's better to be prepared for a hot and humid shopping day. Always keep an eye on your belongings and use a bag with a zipper to avoid theft.
- Do your first round without buying anything. Go around and canvas for an item you want. There's a possibility that there will be more than one store that carries the same item and probably give a better deal than the other. Take note of the stalls where you stopped by so it will be easier for you to go back.
- Bring an eco bag or a shopping bag with you. Shopping will be less hassle if you can just toss your purchased stuff in your tote bag. Lugging around plastic and paper bags in your hand is not fun—and it's easier to lose sight of your stuff that way.
- Bargain for a reasonable price. Don't expect that the sales lady will give you that top you like for P100 which is originally priced for P600. Around P30-P50 less is enough. Buying in bulk will give you a much bigger discount. If you're lucky, you might even score freebies.
- List down your purchases. Writing it down will help you track down where your money went. By the end of your shopping trip, you'll be happy knowing that every cent was spent wisely.