We all know the agony that is wearing high heels, but the real story of pain begins when you take them off. The strain and the blisters—you have to deal with them like a big girl. Here's how you can comfort your feet after a brave battle with towering shoes.
1. Soak your feet in a salt bath. Put a scoop of Epsom salt in a tub of warm water, and dip your feet in the salt solution for 15 minutes. Your tootsies will be more relaxed the next day.
2. Stretch your muscles. Doing lunges can loosen your achilles tendon to prevent feet cramps when wearing heels.
3. Trim your toenails. Another culprit of painful feet is when long toenails hit the shoe. Plus, when your feet swell after a whole day in heels, the agony becomes worse. Our tip: Clip your toenails across to feel instant relief.
4. Get a massage. Nothing beats a deep foot massage after a tiring day! Place pressure especially on the ball of the feet, base of the toe, and heel to release muscle tension.
5. Tend to your blisters. Wash your blisters with antibacterial soap and lukewarm water—never pop them. Just leave them alone, and cover with a bandage strip to protect from further infection.
6. Take a break. Give your feet a rest by slipping on arch-supporting flats or comfy sneakers the next day.
This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.