5 Types of Jackets You Need in Your Closet
In the world of fashion, we're all for breaking the rules and making personal style statements. But if there's one rule we think a fashionable girl shouldn't break, it's the commandment of quality versus quantity. This means that it's always better to have the right staple piece over having several trendy items. And for each kind of wardrobe must-have, there are different kinds and styles you need to have. And for jackets, we firmly believe that there are only 5 essential types you really need to always look chic and stylish. Scroll down below to check out which pieces you already have and which ones you need to add to your closet.
- Denim. This may be the most versatile jacket you can own. It's not only appropriate for all types of weather and seasons, it also goes with absolutely everything and can be worn day or night. If you don't have any jackets yet, you definitely need to start with this!
- Blazer. A well-tailored black blazer is an absolute wardrobe must. It can dress up any outfit and instantly make you look put togther. This style is also necessary for your internship or job interview.
- Parka/rain jacket. Because of the fact that it will surely rain every year, a parka or rain jacket is something you really, really need in your closet. There are lots of options and styles but it's always best to get a neutral-colored piece in a silhouette that flatters you best.
- Leather. This is not just a cool girl must-have but an every girl essential. A leather jacket is not only perfect for layering when it's cold, it's also the perfect jacket to bring when travelling because of how versatile it is! Choose from black, brown, or maroon for a neutral colored one that will match all your outfits.
- Statement/trendy jacket. It's always good to have either a statement jacket in a fun print or bold color, or even a trendy one! This jacket is what you wear out with your girlfriends for the perfectly chic outfit or the one you layer over your plain tee and jeans.
Denim jacket, Pull&Bear
Black blazer, H&M
Green parka, H&M
Leather jacket, Pull&Bear
Printed bomber jacket, H&M
Want to find out the other kinds of closet staples you need? Just tweet us @candymagdotcom or leave a comment below! We love hearing from you.