5 Style Tips We Learned From Our Dads
Dad—he's our pillar, number one protector, and ultimate provider. But have you ever actually noticed that he's your original style icon? Yup, you got that right, your pops has a ton of personal style and it's rubbed off on you throughout the years—you just haven't noticed it yet! To remind you of all the great fashion rules your dad has taught you, we round up five of the best style tips we learned from all our dads. So celebrate your fashionable dad by scrolling down and re-living dad's school of style.
1. Comfort is key. Ever wondered why you always seemed to love flats over heels? That's because your dad is the best fashion icon by wearing his cool pair of loafers everywhere he goes. Take your cue from him by sporting your cute slip-on sneakers or espadrilles with all your outfits.
Espadrilles, Le Bunny Bleu
2. Repeating outfits is perfectly fine. Your dad is always wearing the exact same outfit every Sunday, which only proves that if the look works, why not wear it again and again? That's why he's the reason you don't mind wearing your favorite pair of jeans every day of the week.
3. Don't overthink it, just have fun. Love wearing quirky accessories and statement pieces? That's because Dad's loud floral shirt has showed you that when it comes to dressing up, having fun is the best part. So, don't be shy and rock your outfit with tons of confidence.
Sunglasses, Le Specs. Bag, Bershka.
4. Always have a good set of basics. When you go shopping, you prioritize grabbing the basics. That's probably because your dad is never without a closet staple like his khaki pants or white button down shirt. Look just as classy as your pops by choosing to sport the essentials.
Dress, Topshop. Flats, Butterfly Twists.
5. Always dress to the nines for formal affairs. Your dad always looks dapper at every party and formal event you go to. That's why you absolutely love dressing up in totally chic looks when the occasion calls for it. So go ahead and top your LBD with a stylish cape.
Cape, The Ramp.
Which tips from the list did your dad teach you? Have any other style tips from dad you want to share? Just tweet us @candymagdotcom or leave a comment below!