Essentially there are about 10 pieces you truly need in your closet. For each of these pieces, there are different kinds and styles you need to have. And just like there are 5 staple kinds of jackets that are essential in your closet, there are also 5 pairs of pants you totally need to have in your wardrobe. These specific pairs are really all you need in your day to day life to always look fashionable and chic. Scroll down below to check out which pieces you have and which ones you need to add to your closet and why!
- Denim. This is the most basic pair of bottoms you need. With denim being universally versatile, this pair is something you can wear daily from morning until night, for every occasion, and all sorts of weather and seasons. Denim pants will go with everything in your closet, making it an absolute must in your life.
- Slacks/trousers. A well-tailored pair of slacks is what you wear when you want to instantly look dressed up or professional. It's perfect for your summer internship or a fancy dinner out with your family.
- Printed/colored. This is necessary to add a pop of color and personality to your looks! Regardless of the color or pattern, owning a pair will give your looks the extra oomph it needs. Light colored pants are the perfect pair to get you started.
- Black. Because you can never go wrong with black. Dress it up with a sequined top for a night out or pair it with a striped shirt and ballet flats for the perfect outfit to go shopping in. A pair of black pants will only elevate your personal style.
- Wide-legged/relaxed fit. This one will really depend on your personal style and taste, but basically you will need a pair of pants that's not body-hugging for those effortless looks you sport for errands or even date night. Your options range from wide-legged, cargo, relaxed-fit, slouchy, boyfriend pants, etc.
Denim pants, Pull&Bear
Printed pants, Pull&Bear
Black pants, H&M
Slacks and cargo pants, both H&M
Want to find out the other kinds of closet staples you need? Just tweet us @candymagdotcom or leave a comment below! Let's talk pants.