Excited for the #CandyFair2014 but not quite sure what to wear? First things first! Make sure you're well-acquainted with the world of EDM; we give you a complete guide here. Now that you know that this year's theme is centered on a genre of music that's all about dance, you'll know that picking a look isn't the same as what you would normally wear to a music festival. EDM dressing has a few simple rules you must follow (we promise, it's for your own good!):
- Your outfit must be something you're comfortable to dance in–this is very vital.
- Don't be afraid to express yourself and make a statement! EDM is all about having fun.
- Accessories are key! Now is the time to wear all your cool headpieces, funky bracelets, quirky sunglasses, and lots more.
- Bright hues and bold prints are a must if you want to make a statement.
- Your footwear has to be comfortable too, so go for your favorite sneakers and combat boots. Heels and wedges are a big no-no.
Now that we've got the rules covered, we can go straight to giving you tips on how to put together fun EDM-themed looks that you'll want to wear to the fair! Just click on the gallery below to see just how easy it is to style your own outfits. And don't worry too much about the rules. You can just use that as a guide but at the end of the day you should only wear what you like and what you're comfortable in!
Excited to go to the fair with your besties? Here's something you might want to know. If you buy five or more tickets from September 1-14, you can get 20% discount. So don't wait any longer, gather your friends and purchase your tix via Ticketworld now. See you at the fair in Metrowalk Tent on September 27!