From Our Readers: To the Girl Who Gave It All
Almost every girl has that one crazy love that they have given everything to. Then this guy leaves and we tend to think that no one would love and even accept us after them. But you have to remember that he is not the basis of your worth. Here are a few more reminders for you:
- Admit to yourself that sometimes there are things you do that makes you happy, but you'll realize later that it was a mistake. But keep in mind that it's not the mistake that counts but the lessons you've learned from that mistake.
- Don't feel guilty. Don't think that losing it and being left alone makes you less of a person.
- You are still as precious. It was just your virginity that was lost, not who you are as a person.
- It's just a matter of acceptance. Learning to accept what you have lost and what you are now will help you to realize that it is not the basis of love. Life is not about the things that you lose but about the things you learn. Accepting who you are now is the start of learning to love yourself again.
- Learn to love yourself. Loving yourself means opening yourself to possibilities. It will open much more opportunities to learn who you really are and explore things you never thought you can. Loving yourself also means forgiving yourself and building yourself up again.
When the right time and the right guy comes, he will accept you no matter what. He will accept and love you for your past, present, and more so for who you're going to become in the future.