Y2K-inspired hairstyles are all the rage nowadays, and it’s not hard to see why. From bedazzled clips to cute baby braids, there’s nothing we don’t love about a good 2000s comeback. We’ve been spotting a few local celebs sport some of these throwback ‘dos lately, but no one pulls it off quite like Heaven Peralejo does. Maybe it’s her long, luscious locks, or maybe it’s just her sheer confidence—whatever it is, she’s definitely convinced us to hop on the Y2K bandwagon.
Below, we’ve listed down seven beginner-friendly Y2K hairstyles we’re copying from Heaven Peralejo:
1. Fact: Butterfly clips are the embodiment of the Y2K aesthetic. Like Heaven, use them to sweep back the front pieces of your hair for that playful look.
2. These mini braids are the perfect blend of retro and contemporary. Heaven’s totally scoring bonus points for that stunning green eyeshadow!
3. If bright Y2K clips are a tad too kitschy for your liking, go for an elegant barrette like Heaven’s. It’ll turn this one-minute updo into a million-dollar look—compliments guaranteed.
4. Even Ariana Grande will be impressed by Heaven’s ultra-sleek ponytail. To DIY this hairdo at home, don’t hesitate to double up on the hairspray.
5. Add a touch of cottagecore with a makeshift bandana headband. Quick tip from Heaven’s look: Leave out face-framing tendrils to keep the vibe casual.
6. Of course, we can’t bring up Y2K without mentioning twin space buns. Here, Heaven brings the look to life with vibrant clips and wispy front bangs.
7. Heaven is every bit like a model off-duty in this low spiky bun! Another classic Y2K fave, this updo is both versatile and effortless.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!