As much as we all know the importance of wearing SPF daily, there’s no denying that applying sunscreen typically feels like a chore. Plus, no student is willing to spend at least half of their weekly baon on a gloopy sun cream that causes sweating and breakouts. That’s why we took it upon ourselves to scour the local market for budget-friendly sunscreens that actually feel pleasant on your skin. Whether you’re running laps in P.E. or taking the morning commute daily, these weightless picks have you covered all summer!
ALSO READ: Beauty Q&A: Should I Apply Sunscreen Even When I'm Indoors?
Keep scrolling to read about the best summer-proof sunscreens under P500 for students who hate sunscreen:
1. Packed with niacinamide and brightening essence, this sunscreen from Belo will boost your skin’s radiance without that heavy, sticky feel. Bonus: It’s also hypoallergenic and cruelty-free!
BELO Sunexpert Dewy Essence Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++, P442, Available on Shopee and Lazada
2. Face Republic’s cult-fave sunscreen is a godsend for oily-skinned gals. Its gel-type formula literally feels like nothing on your skin!
FACE REPUBLIC Glow Screen Sun Gel SPF 50+ PA++++, P499, Available on Shopee and Lazada
3. Love K-beauty? Frudia’s sun cream doubles as a mattifying tone-up base for your makeup!
FRUDIA Tone-Up Base Sun Cream, P450, Available on Shopee and Lazada
4. A tinted sunscreen is the tamad girl’s alternative to foundation and concealer. This one from BLK provides a sheer, dewy coverage for your no-makeup makeup looks.
BLK Day Dream Airy Sheer Sunscreen SPF50 UVA/UVB PA+++, P499, Available on Watsons and Lazada
5. Despite being the cheapest product in our list, this TikTok-approved product feels ultra-luxurious. Those with sensitive skin will especially love Fairy Skin's fragrance-free formula!
Fairy Skin Premium Brightening Sunscreen SPF50, P190, Available on Shopee and Lazada
6. Make Sunplay’s sweat-resistant sunscreen your go-to for long days under the sun. This handy bottle is a bag staple for student athletes and active girls!
SUNPLAY Sport SPF120 Sunscreen Lotion, P380, Available on Watsons and Lazada
7. If you have dry skin, it’s important to invest in a nourishing sunscreen that strengthens your skin barrier. Try this antioxidant-infused product from the drugstore for a budget-friendly option!
DERMACTION PLUS BY WATSONS Advanced Sun Water Drop Cream Gel SPF50, P399, Available on Shopee and Lazada
8. Although not as popular as K-beauty, the J-beauty world is filled with hidden gems that won’t break the bank. Case in point: This bestselling lightweight sunscreen.
BIORE UV Perfect Face Milk SPF50 30ml, P469, Available on Watsons