Low Maintenance Eye Makeup Every Lazy Girl Will Love
Whether you've got a jam-packed schedule, or just too lazy to spend a good amount of time in front of the mirror—especially when you can be lying on your bed, reading a mushy book under the sheets—that doesn't mean that you can't ace your beauty game anymore, Candy Girls!
Eye makeup can easily be intimidating—especially for makeup newbies—because of the tricky techniques that are usually involved with its application. But here's a little secret: While some eye makeup may look intricate and hard to do, there are also a lot of eye makeup looks that are easy to do, and won't take up too much of your time, too! So, scroll down because we're listing down five eye makeup looks that you can do in a minute, or even less.
Every girl aims to master the cat eye flick, but getting the winged liner trick right takes a lot of practice and if you haven't perfected this makeup trick yet, it will take a longer time to do it in one sitting. So, instead of going for a flawless line, opt for a smudged, lived-in liner look! It's way easier to do, but the undone look is effortlessly cool and edgy!
You may be over your glossy lips phase, but you should definitely give glossy lids a chance. It adds just the right amount of sparkle to your look and you don't need a set of makeup brushes to apply it. Just dab a bit of gloss over your lids with your fingers and you're good to go.
You don't need a fully made-up eye look to ace your eye game, Candy Girls, because a trusty mascara can easily do the trick. Skip the colorful shadows, the edgy liners and keep your eye makeup natural, but do load up on the mascara! If two to three coats is your usual mascara formula, double it up, and go wild! Be sure to brush your lashes with a lash comb afterwards to avoid the mascara from clumping.
While some eye makeup looks require three to four eye shadows, you can simplify the routine and still look amazing with just two eye shadow colors! Use a universally flattering taupe shadow and dust it all over your lid. Afterwards, grab another shadow of your choice and apply it on the outer crease and outer lid of your eye to complete your look.
While vibrant eye makeup palettes are fun to look at, most girls stick to the basic colors like nudes, browns, and blacks for their eye makeup. Switch things up and go for a light shade of pink instead for a dainty look for the day. While pink is not a basic color, its light and rosy hue is still fresh and flattering! Sweep the color all over your lids, blend, and paint the town pink with your soft, but bold eye makeup.
What other quick and easy makeup tricks do you do on your laziest day? Let’s talk beauty!
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
"Today, I Won"
I always caught feelings for someone, and hoped so much that one day there could a thing between the two of us. I'm usually the one that makes the effort to buy and/or make cute gifts, chats them every other day, and stays up all night with him.
When I was 16, my childhood crush suddenly came back into my life. We'd constantly send updates to each other, recommend favorite songs and talk even the most random things. He'd even text me as early as 6 to just greet me good morning almost everyday. I hoped so much that when I confessed, he suddenly stopped talking to me.
For short, he ghosted me. Those 6 months I spent talking to him, allotting my time for him, and staying up until 3 am for him - all gone in a simple confession. Although I had a few crushes before him, he's the only one that got me in real pain. It was the kind of pain that I never thought I'd experience. It was the kind of pain that I couldn't believe.
After 7 years (it happened back in 2017), I thought he came back into my life to stay, but I guess he's just one of the guys who distanced. I felt a complete loser that time. But during this quarantine, everything was different. I caught feelings for someone else, but he treated me with the best kindness yet.
It happened at 2 am, May 30, 2020, when I impulsively confessed my feelings through messaging him. After saying my feelings, he responded with genuine and kind words. We both even complimented each other. Although the feelings didn't reciprocate, I still found a connection that can't be replaced with any guy.
To my 16 year old self, here I am, 18 and happy. You may have felt that time was the biggest regret and loss, but I'm here to tell you, we won. Today, I won.
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.