How To Pull Off K-Beauty Trends For Morenas
When it comes to beauty, South Korea is kind of the unofficial trendsetter. K-beauty trends have had a massive following not just around Asia but even in the West. In the Philippines, Korean makeup and skincare products are also quite popular. K-beauty for morenas, however, is a bit of a tricky to try mainly because it’s naturally catered to fit fair-skinned Koreans.
Still, makeup is a form of creative exploration, so this shouldn’t stop sun-kissed Pinoys to give Korean makeup trends a go if they want to. All you really need to do is to keep in mind the basic principles behind these K-beauty trends (read: dewy and glossy finish or healthy, plump skin) and look for an alternative that will easily work for your morena skin.
From classic makeup practices like glass skin to emerging beauty trends like dark lips, here are some ways morenas can experiment with different K-beauty trends:
Coral colored makeup, particularly for blushes and eyeshadows, has been a big trend in the K-beauty scene primarily for the subtle pop of color this shade adds to the face. That slightly warmer pinkish shade is a great way to add some life to your look, especially if you're going for the trademark polished glass skin Koreans love.
The good thing about this particular K-beauty trend is that coral hues work well on sun-kissed skin! It's a trend we can easily get onboard with, but if you are a coral newbie and a bit unsure whether the shade will flatter your skin tone, try incorporating it to your look in subtle ways first before going all-out, like this low-key coral wing tip on Gabbi Garcia:
‘Glossy’ and ‘dewy’ are two words we’d often associate with K-beauty because with dewy skin comes glossy, healthy-looking lips. Most of the glossy K-beauty looks come in muted pink shades to match fair skin tones, but morenas can pull off the same glossy result with shades like mauvey-pink. Various makeup brands have wider shade options for lip glosses aside from the usual pinks, but if you can't find the perfect mauve lip gloss for you, a tipid hack would be to use a mauve lipstick of your choice and layer on colorless gloss, like this one from Careline.
Glass skin is probably one of the biggest K-beauty trends to ever invade the beauty scene because we love a good dewy base. The trend definitely helped make the pawis look sound more chic than it actually is. To get the look, beauty junkies often rely on BB cushions because the creamy consistency helps add to the reflective look we’re aiming for. Unfortunately, most cushions come in limited and mostly light shades.
That doesn’t mean morenas can’t hop on the trend, though. To achieve a dewy finish for your caramel-toned complexion, head to your skincare stash and try adding a drop or two of face oil into your foundation before dabbing it across your face. If face oils feel too heavy for you, opt for a dewy finishing spray instead.
Full, dark lips
A relatively new trend you’ll see on your favorite Hallyu stars’ beauty looks would be full, dark lips which sounds completely different from the two-toned, gradient lip look we’ve all come to love.
Still, it’s a cool trend we’re ready to get on board with. Morenas don’t need to shy away from non-neutral, playful colors. Just take cues from these sun-kissed beauties and find a bold shade for your particular skin tone. A bright-red shade like Juliana’s and Kathryn's might be a good starting point for your bold lip journey.
Another popular K-beauty trend is the "drunk blush" look that gives off either the illusion of booze-induced rosy cheeks or kakabilad-ko-lang-sa-araw look. The trick is to apply your blush just below your eyebags and even across your nose instead of along your cheek bones, like how we normally do.
To add a healthy flush on your naturally tanned complexion, go for shades like mauve, bright orange, or peach. Additional beauty tip: Use a similar shade on your lids or lips for a more put-together look.
Candy Bulletin is finally here! If you're an aspiring writer, vlogger, artist, or kahit marami ka lang talagang time, submit your entries here and make your mark in the Candy community! Share your feels, show your skills. Don't worry—we won't judge. ;)
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)