Summer has always been the best season for glowy makeup looks. As temperatures rise, we find ourselves reaching for hydrating skin tints, warm-toned shimmers, and dewy blushes. From what we’ve seen on our social media feed, it seems like local celebrities have been into the sun-kissed look as well. If like them, you’re ready to break out the highlighter and channel your inner sun goddess, we’ve got some easy makeup ideas to help you get started.
Below, check out eight glowy, celeb-approved makeup ideas that are perfect for the summer:
1. Elevate the trendy ‘clean girl’ look by swapping out your nude lippie for a reddish stain. To brighten up the rest of your face, dust a shimmery eyeshadow along your inner corners and cupid’s bow.
2. Nothing screams summer more than the dewy drunk blush look. Grab a peachy lip and cheek stain like Sam’s, then generously apply the product to your cheeks, nose bridge, and lips.
3. If you want to make a statement without committing to glitter, subtle shimmer along the lash line is an ultra-pretty option. Brush up your brows and apply a touch of gloss to complete the youthful look.
4. Worried about eyeliner smudges? The smokey liner look is the ultimate summer-friendly alternative to your typical cat-eye. Using a dark brown eyeliner, line your upper and lower lash lines then smudge out the product with clean fingers.
5. Maris’ minimal MOTD is stunning in its simplicity! You’ll only need the bare essentials to pull this off: Black eyeliner, clear lip gloss, and *loads* of highlighter.
6. When you’re in the mood for an *extra* lewk, dab a hot pink shadow on the center of your lids and inner corners for that cute pop of color. Continue embracing the summer vibes with a perfectly lined coral pink pout.
7. Bold red lipstick and champagne highlighter bring out the golden undertones of your tan. Our tip: Keep your eyes simple to balance out the daring lip!
8. Pink makeup always looks lovely, but it just feels extra refreshing when worn during summer. You can opt for a simple pink lippie for a barely-there look, or go full-on monochromatic like Alexa.