Prom is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personal style. You get to pick out your own dress, your matching corsage, and most importantly, your evening makeup look. The process of pinning down your look can be fun at first (hello, Pinterest boards!), but soon enough, you’ll be losing sleep over which makeup artist to book and how much money to save.
ALSO READ: 12 Classy and Timeless Prom Dress Ouftits You Won't Regret
If all that stress doesn’t seem worth your time, we suggest doing your own makeup for prom instead. Although DIY prom makeup sounds scary now, there are actually plenty of easy makeup pegs that you can recreate at home—no kidding!
To help you get started, we’ve rounded up eight celeb-approved pegs that will make you look and feel your best on prom night:
1. Go for a satin gold eyeshadow to make your complexion pop. Complement the warm tones with peach lips and cheeks.
2. This look is a beginner-friendly take on all those #aesthetic sunset-esque makeup looks on your feed. To DIY, sweep a coral shadow along your lid and accentuate your lower lash line with orange shimmer.
3. Don’t trust yourself with eyeshadow? Draw attention away from your eyes with a Korean-inspired ombre lip and a baby pink flush.
4. Of course, you can never go wrong with a dramatic red lip. Quick tip: Keep your eyes and cheeks neutral to make your pout stand out!
5. A metallic silver smokey eye is a great option for certified cool-girls who prefer edgy looks. Pair it with overlined, glossy lips for that extra oomph.
6. Keep things low-key with a completely nude makeup look that channels simple elegance. The key here is to use minimal products!
7. Let’s do away with the age-old notion that dark eyes look dull with colorful eyeshadow. For instance, pastel purple eyeshadow looks amazing with dark brown eyes, especially when paired with a nude pink lippie!
8. To play up your gaze, draw a sharp wing with bright blue eyeliner. You can even dust some glitter on your lids and inner corners to really bring on the drama.
If You Only Have P500 For Your Prom Dress, Consider Renting From This Online Shop
This Student's Beautiful Prom Dress Was Hand-Sewn by Her Grandma
6 Content Creators Share the Stories Behind Their Prom Dresses
12 Classy and Timeless Prom Dress Ouftits You Won't Regret