Beauty Diaries: Maan Marquez
MAKEUP Sari Campos HAIR Eddie Mar Cabiltes
Beauty is one of our favorite topics here at Candy. We're always on the lookout for new trends, tricks, and tips to learn, so we can share them with all of you (in hopes you join in on our beauty obsessions, of course). And to kickstart our campaign for more of everything beautiful this year, we decided to begin this Beauty Diaries series, which is all about talking to some of our favorite Candy Girls to pick their brain on all things makeup, hair, and nails. We're hoping they share some of their own beauty secrets.
First up is one of our favorite Candy models, Maan Marquez! Not only has she grown to be such a pro at her job, the girl's learned a ton about makeup and taking care of her skin along the way. She shares everything with us below.
- Favorite beauty look. I've always loved the no-makeup makeup look. It highlights a person's best features without looking overdone.
Beauty icon. Audrey Hepburn.
Skin regimen tip. I usually do a mud mask twice a week to repair damage and remove dead skin cells. You can also use mask sheets from department stores too!
Top 5 must-have beauty products.
- Go-to beauty look. I don't like applying a lot of makeup on a daily basis. I prefer to let my skin breathe. I usually just apply moisturizer, use an orange tone concealer to color correct my eye bags, brightening concealer over it, and a couple of coats of Maybelline mascara on my lashes (my absolute favorite).
- Beauty Philosophy. The overused but very true–less is more.
- Best makeup look. For my brother's wedding recently, I sported this dewy makeup look paired with a braided updo hairstyle. I've also sported this look for a few shoots and I love that it looks so fresh!
- Cool makeup trick. I take my time coating my lashes with mascara. I angle it 45 degrees and use the tip to evenly distribute the product on the strands. If you do it right, you don't need any extra makeup. Your eyes will pop.
- Advice for other Candy Girls. Know your skin and what it needs. Research may sound boring, but it's actually quite fun to watch beauty tutorials and read product reviews on blogs.
Want to see more beauty diaries from different Candy Girls? Just tweet us @candymagdotcom or leave a comment below! We really love hearing from you.