So...you've been thinking about getting another tattoo, but you don't want to get it in one of the usual spots like your fingers or ribs. If you've been thinking about a unique placement and design, we have a suggestion for you: An armband tattoo!
ICYDK, it's a variation of a wrist tattoo, though this one snakes around your arm-sort of like an armband or bracelet. If you're worried about the pain, the outer part of the arm doesn't hurt as much, but the inner area tends to sting a bit more due to the thinner skin. Of course, this will still vary depending on your pain tolerance. Working with a professional tattoo artist will also make things easier and less painful!
Ready for some inspo? We gotchu! Keep on scrolling for 10 of the cutest minimalist armband tattoo ideas we spotted on Insta, and make sure to screenshot or save your faves:
Armband Tattoo Ideas to Try in 2021
1. Armband tattoos are usually just simple lines, but if you want something different, go for these ~subtle~ waves.
2. We love the mix of thin and thick lines for this armband tattoo-it gives the design some variety.
3. Not a fan of black ink tattoos? Ask your tattoo artist to use some color! (Do note that you'll need to have it retouched every now and then).
4. Space babies will love this design that shows off the lunar phases.
5. Armband tattoos are usually connected, but you can make yours more unique by having it snake up and down your arm to create a "vine."
6. This lily armband tattoo doesn't look too cluttered, thanks to the way it was spread out around the arm.
7. We love the doodle vibe that this flower armband tattoo gives off!
8. Armbands make great *low-key* couple tattoos, TBH.
9. If you find yourself always missing the beach, go for a sea-inspired design like this one.
10. The shading in this sunset tattoo is really what makes it extra special.
Follow Cheska on Instagram.
Follow Cosmo PH Beauty on Instagram.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.