Let’s face it: We typically skip eye makeup when doing our everyday makeup routines. Eye makeup is only reserved for special occasions, right? But now that we're gradually adjusting to the "new normal," it seems like fun eyeshadow looks are finally making a comeback. Call it the Y2K craze, call it the solution to mask-friendly makeup—whatever it is, we’re totally hooked.
But if you’re still not convinced, we’ll leave it to Alexa Ilacad to change your mind. Ever the Gen Z trendsetter, the 22-year-old actress confesses that she’s fallen into the Euphoria rabbit hole like most of us. Inspired by the teen show’s striking beauty direction, she’s been wearing bold makeup looks to channel her inner Maddy. We’ve gained a ton of beauty inspo just by going through her IG feed, so we’ve rounded up her most cop-worthy eye looks below. Don’t forget to screenshot your faves as you scroll!
8 Times Alexa Ilacad Inspired Us to Try Fun, Daring Eye Makeup Looks
1. According to Alexa, you shouldn’t be afraid to experiment with different eyeshadow colors. Our advice: Be patient with blending to perfect that seamless gradient effect.
2. Elegant and universally flattering, a coppery eyeshadow look is practically a classic. But when you’re feeling a little extra, you can spice up the look with stick-on jewels and fluttery lashes.
3. Not ready to go all out just yet? Dip your toes into the trend by recreating Alexa’s ultra-feminine monochromatic pink look.
4. Here, Alexa demonstrates that a little bit of shimmer can bring soft glam looks to life. She goes for a pop of champagne on her inner corners and cheekbones for that extra oomph.
5. Alexa elevates a neutral-toned cut crease with soft winged eyeliner and loads of face jewels. It’s a real head-turner!
6. For this whimsical sunset-inspired look, try hazy colors like mauve and coral. Follow with a glossy warm-toned lippie to bring out the golden undertones of your skin.
7. If you love the grunge aesthetic, wear a dramatic black smokey eye that takes you back to the ‘90s. To avoid panda eyes, sweep a shimmery eyeshadow on your lids and brow bone.
8. Perk up a slow day by swapping out your usual black cat-eye for glitter eyeliner. For instance, Alexa opts for a baby blue shade that perfectly matches her ‘fit.