A Candy Girl's Guide To Summer Skin Care
The warmer months are coming and for most of us, this is a sign that summer vacation is almost near! We're pretty sure that all you can think about is getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city and just soak up some Vitamin D at the beach and we couldn't agree with you more! But while being a tropical country does have its perks, the coming months are the most damaging especially on our skin. To help you make sure that your skin gets the care it needs this summer, we've listed below some ways to keep your skin healthy and bright even if you're out playing under the sun! Read on and take notes, Candy Girl!
- Apply sunscreen! This is something that should definitely be part of your daily skin care routine—whether it's summer or not. Applying sunscreen not only protects your skin from the sun's harmful rays but it also helps in minimizing skin aging and wrinkles which your future self will thank you! When you're at the beach though, make sure that your entire body is protected and fully covered. Don't forget to reapply sunscreen every two hours as well!
- Use lip balm. No one wants a chapped lip this summer. Make sure to use a lip balm to keep your lips hydrated and burn-free and your pouts picture perfect! Choose one that has an SPF content to add an extra layer of protection to your lips.
- Use a face mist. On a summer day, we all need something to cool us off. And since we can’t run towards a sprinkler or bring our entire bathroom with us, face mists do the trick. You can easily spritz it on your face if you need a quick refresher since it’s pretty handy. Face mists can also double as a primer or as a finisher to get that dewy, natural look.
- Exfoliate. Wash away dead skin cells and clean out the dirt accumulated in your pores by exfoliating at least once a week. Skin cells during the summer shed more quickly so you shouldn't miss this step! Exfoliating also improves better absorption of moisturizers and toners.
- Moisturize. Another important step is to moisturize! Not only will it keep your skin hydrated but it can also improve your complexion! Remember to choose a moisturizer that’s based for your skin type.
- Go sheer! Wearing a lot of make-up on a hot, humid day can be icky. It might melt and turn all greasy, which can accumulate a lot of dirt in your face and clog your pores especially if you’re wearing a full make-up. Try using a lightweight foundation during the summer which can still give you full coverage but feels like you’re wearing nothing!
- Fight acne. Acne most especially occur during the warmer months so prevention is key!Always wash your face with an anti-acne cleanser and don’t forget to remove your make-up!
- Use facial masks. Facial masks can help prevent breakout caused by the summer heat and humidity. It can also soothe your skin after a long day in the sun so make sure you grab two or three of these babies! Pro tip: stick them in the fridge before using for an extra cooling effect!
- Keep yourself hydrated.
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click-through below for products you can use!
What are your summer skin care tricks? Share them with other Candy Girls here!
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
To the Person Who Does Not Know Any 1D Song
By: CJ Reyno
Never in my wildest dream I imagined to meet someone who does not know a single One Direction song or who does not even know, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, and err… Zayn Malik. How did you spend your teenagehood without listening to their songs? The disrespect to my #StyPayHorLikSon. My initial reaction, Vas Happenin’?
Since I was 12 years old, that was way back on 2012, One Direction songs have been my official life soundtrip, my go-to songs whenever I feel happy, sad, mad, excited, and etch. I can still remember how people went crazy just to attend their concert here in the Philippines. I must admit, I was one of those. LOL. The group was also dubbed as, “The Biggest Boyband in the World”. They were an era. You really left me in awe when you told me that you do not know a single One Direction song. Their songs are gold. But I was a little hopeful when a new messaged popped up on our conversation, “Hey I know one, Make You Beautiful”.
You do not know how my world collapsed after reading your message. I would like to say that I appreciate the effort, thanks, but they do not have a song entitled, Make You Beautiful, because it is, What Makes You Beautiful. I tried to explain but you said that they are just the same. (Tip: Never fight with a Directioner when it comes to this because we will not let our guards down). No! They are not the same. How can you make this big mistake? LOL. What Makes You Beautiful is One Direction’s debut song. Almost everyone knows this, “you’re insecure, don’t know what for,” ring a bell? The music video of this surpassed 1 billion views on Youtube. On my 21 years of existence, you are the very first person who told me this “I-Thought-It-Was-A-Joke-But-You-Are-Serious” statement.
As a persuasive fangirl, I thought to myself that I should make you appreciate their music, that you should know that it is What Makes You Beautiful, not Make You Beautiful. The group may be in hiatus but their music is and will always remain superior. You are hard-headed lad. We even when to the point where you challenged me to treat so I can make you watch their music video. Am I even surprised that I agreed to this? HAHA. I feel like an agent trying to persuade her customer to buy a property on our company. You do not know how happy I was when you sent me your video listening to What Makes You Beautiful. I felt like I successfully closed a deal with my client. Not to exaggerate but I really jumped because of happiness after watching your video. It was the first message I checked that morning. Thank you for your effort, so much appreciated. Funny how our conversation starts with your innocence on One Direction until it goes deeper and last longer. Up All Nigh conversations which turned to almost Midnight Memories. Ironic how a Directioner had developed an admiration on someone who dislikes her favorite boys? Just like One Direction’s song, Change My Mind, “Never felt like this before. Are we friends or are we more?” I guess, like Liam’s line on Love You Goodbye, “It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end. It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends.”
I was happy that I made you listen to One Direction. At least I made you appreciate and made you aware that there is a song called, What Makes You Beautiful, not Make You Beautiful. I am happy that you already found your Girl Almighty. Wish me luck on finding my Summer Love. xoxo, Your Directioner friend
Here's a fan art that I made for Lee Joo Young of Itaewon class! I've been making digital illustration since last year and I'm happy that I was able to see my improvements. I'm also happy to see people's reactions and support for my craft even though all of it are made through my phone (adobe illustrator) only ????. You don't actually have to use expensive or complicated medium as long as you know how to be creative and like what you're doing, then you can do it. ????