7 Makeup Mishaps Girls Who Have No Idea What They're Doing are Bound to Experience
No matter how many makeup tutorials you watch on YouTube, there are just some things that you can't get right—on the first try at least. We're pretty sure that all of us have experienced a makeup blunder one way or another, but it's okay, Candy Girls! No one's perfect and everyone has to start somewhere! Check out the seven makeup mishaps that we're sure every girl who has no idea what she's doing has experienced or is bound to experience on their makeup journey.
Buying the wrong shade of foundation.
Seeing ten to twenty different foundation shades may seem pretty overwhelming when you're shopping for yoru base. And to make matters worse, there are three different undertones to choose from, too! We've all bought the wrong shade of foundation at least once our life. That's why, it's definitely best to go to the drugstore yourself and take the time to pick the right shade for your skin and don't just wing it!
Not blending the foundation to your neck.
Have you ever done your makeup in your bathroom, but once you head out, you realize that your face is a completely different shade compared to your neck? That's because you forgot to blend your foundation all the way to your neck! While the two-tone lip trend is cool, having a different face shade to your neck is not. So don't forget to always include your neck in your makeup process.
Uneven winged liner.
Winged liners are very tricky to do. For one, there are countless way to do a winged tip! You can do a baby wing if you're feeling shy or a full wing for the bolder days. But we all know that the biggest challenge when it comes to the eye liner is making sure that both wings are even. But don't stress or get frustrated if you can't do it just yet. After all, no one gets this right on the first time, anyway! It just takes a lot of practice to get this right, but trust us, you'll get there in no time!
Putting on a pair of falsies.
Every time a clueless girl tries to put on a pair of falsies, there's no doubt that she's probably wondering if all this is even worth it. After all, they're just so difficult to put on! But just like your winged tips, practice makes perfect and before you know it, you're probably a falsies master already!
There's no doubt that every girl could use a great mascara for extra fluttery lashes. While mascara can always be fun to play with, be careful while applying it to your lashes and always make sure that you lashes are not clumped to avoid spider lashes!
Applying too much bronzer!
Looking tan and sunkissed is probably every girl's summer skin #Goals, but going overboard with the bronzer is a big no-no that we're sure every girl has gone through at least once (or maybe even more)! Just apply an ample amount of bronzer on your cheekbones and your forehead to score that sunkissed glow without breaking a sweat!
Going to the club with your friends may sound fun, but not if you get tons of flashback from all your photos! You may think that you've bought the wrong shade of concealer or powder, but it's actually just the SPF in your makeup that's causing your face to look ten times whiter in pictures than it really is IRL. Try to avoid using makeup that contains SPF when you know you're going to have flash pictures taken the whole night!
What's the biggest makeup faux pas that you’ve experienced? Let’s swap beauty horror stories below!
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)