The insane heat has probably ruined a number of things for you—from wearing chic sweaters to eating a hot bowl of ramen. With things like faded brows and melted foundation inevitably happening to your face, you may have sworn off makeup, thinking you had no choice. Good news: There are ways to keep your makeup on despite the heat! Here are six ways to do just that:
1. Add a pop of color to your lips, aka the part of your face that’s least likely to be affected by the unforgivable heat.
Go for pink if you’re feeling fresh and flirty, or maybe a nude shade if you’re channeling your inner Kylie Jenner. You might like Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Seduction. Tip: Before applying your lipstick, fill in your puckers with a lip liner that matches your lippie—this will keep your lip color in place.
2. Finish off your brows with browcara. Every Candy Girl knows that brows are important, and you wouldn’t want to waste all that time perfecting them in the morning only to find them half-erased by midday.
Brow mascara, or browcara, will not only match your brows to your hair color but will also keep your brow hairs in place. We swear by Revlon Brow Fantasy, which is your brow pencil and gel in one handy product.
3. Use blotting paper. Reapplying face powder throughout the day isn’t the best way to solve your oily skin issues—your face will just end up with multiple layers of oil and product. Gross, right? Want to really get rid of excess oil? Lightly tap your face with blotting paper whenever you feel oily.
4. Two words: waterproof mascara. Having long, lush lashes is the easiest way to look fresh and awake. Apply waterproof mascara to achieve the look—minus the awkward raccoon eyes at the end of the day.
Try Revlon Super Length™ Mascara in Blackest Black (Waterproof). Its luscious lengthening formula glides on easily and builds quickly for a beautiful, extended lash look.
5. Opt for cream blush. Want to instantly look fresh? Swipe on a pink blush that matches your skin tone!
Revlon Cream Blush in Charmed will be your best bet because it stays on, plus it applies more evenly and comes out smoother compared to powder blush.
6. Go for a base that lasts all day. The key to nailing any makeup look is a flawless base that stays on for hours.
We recommend Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin. With a comfortable matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours, this foundation will keep you looking fresh all day minus the heavy, sticky feel.
Have some blemishes that you want to cover up? Try Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup and Concealer, which is an expertly matched foundation and concealer product in one. It has a sweat-resistant formula that comes in a flawless, demi-matte finish, so you won’t have to worry about your makeup melting off despite the humidity and heat.
This article was created by Summit StoryLabs in partnership with a Sponsor.