You've probably seen Therese "Teri" Malvar before already. This talented 16-year-old has been making a lot of noise in the entertainment industry since she starred in Ang Huling Cha-Cha ni Anita. Get to know our girl crush in this list below.
- She beat the Superstar, Nora Aunor, for the Best Actress Award in the first CineFilipino Festival for her portrayal of a young lesbian in Sigrid Andrea Bernardo’s Ang Huling Cha-Cha ni Anita.
In an interview for Candy's November 2016 issue, Teri said that when Direk Sigrid asked if she was willing to kiss a girl for the lead role, she just answered, "Which part?" Says a lot about how much passion she puts into her characters at such a young age.
- In 2014, her handlers at GMA Artist Center advised her to use her real name Therese Malvar instead of Teri.
"Sabi po ng manager ko, new beginning, new career life, at saka mas unique," she said during the presscon for Tumbang Preso. (via Interaksyon.com)
- She looks up to actress Anne Curtis and wants to be as successful as her. (via Interaksyon.com)
- Therese played Isla and Ilawod in Dan Villegas's horror flick Ilawod.
For the movie, she had to do a sensual scene with Goin' Bulilit's Harvey Bautista which was difficult for her. But of course, with the help of the cast and Direk Dan, she was able to portray it well. (via ABS-CBN.com)
- She also starred in the movie Sakaling Hindi Makarating alongside Alessandra de Rossi, Pepe Herrera, and JC Santos.
Therese told Candy that the movie inspired her to try art. This is why she does calligraphy whenever she’s not studying or filming.
- At a young age, she already won acting awards both here and abroad.
Therese won the Best Actress award at the 2013 CineFilipino Film Festival for Ang Huling Cha-Cha ni Anita, the Best Actress award at the Cinema One Originals 2015 for Hamog, the Outstanding Artistic Achievement Golden Goblet Award at the 2016 Shanghai International Film Festival for Hamog, the Screen International Rising Star at the 2016 New York Asian Film Festival also for Hamog, and the Best Actress award at the 2016 Moscow International Film Festival also for Hamog. Whoa! (via GMANetwork.com)
PHOTOS FOR CANDY Kyle Shih MAKEUP Sari Campos HAIR Rhoy Cervantes STYLING Bianca Mascenon STYLING ASSISTANT Tricia Quintero