Twitter Talk: Kathryn Bernardo, Julia Barretto, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets This Week
What are some of your New Year’s Resolutions? Kathryn Bernardo shares her wish to travel more this year, and we couldn’t agree more! Any destination you’d love to visit?
We totes agree with Julia Barretto that one of the best things during New Years is getting our inbox full of sweet greetings from friends and family!
The little things like getting happy new year messages from people☺️🙈 #sentimental— Julia Barretto (@BarrettoJulia) December 31, 2013
Take it from Bea Binene, in celebration of the year of the horse, its best to kick out any bad vibes this 2014!
Year of the Horse ngayong 2014. Kaya sipain natin lahat ng mga nega at BV sa buhay natin para maging mas okay ang 2014!!! :) Happy new year!— Bea Binene (@beabinene) January 1, 2014
Lauren Young says goodbye to 2013 as the sun goes down. Each hour to 2014 is a time to remember all the good memories and challenges that have passed and use it to fuel a better you!
Bye 2013 🙌 http://t.co/zXjip43HjL— Lauren Young (@loyoung) December 31, 2013
Liza Soberano is right! We may not be able to turn back time and restart any past mistakes but 2014 brings in a chance to make a brand new beginning!
Although no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new beginning. Happy new year!!! 💥🎉💋— Liza Soberano (@lizasoberano) December 31, 2013
Michelle Vito takes some major poses before the year ends!
my last selfie before 2014 :p pic.twitter.com/e42um6Du5P— Michelle Vito (@MichelleVito) January 1, 2014
Daniel Padilla greets us a Happy New Year with friends and family!
Happy new year guys!!! ❤️😬 pic.twitter.com/XLpdRMpfwl— Daniel Padilla (@imdanielpadilla) December 31, 2013
Kim Chiu greets 2014 with as much positivity as 2013. Take it from her and remember that everything that happened to you last year made you a stronger individual today!
bye 2013.. i can truly say that it has been an EXTREME rollercoaster ride for me from ups, downs,… http://t.co/ERBsQZiSqy— kim chiu (@prinsesachinita) December 31, 2013ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
New Year’s greeting from the Gutierrez fam is festive with feathers and colorful hats!
New Year's Eve with our real panganay mickeymatetestrada :) Love you Tetam!! 💜 http://t.co/2iq3W9xF0t— Janine Gutierrez (@janinegutierrez) January 1, 2014
The Villongco sisters share a sweet countdown party with their boyfriends and a wonderful view of the fireworks. Check out their play of light with numbers to celebrate 2014!
Countdown on the 360 degree rooftop with my favorites. 💜 #2014 http://t.co/Av8CSYC1KZ— Ericka Villongco (@erickaxx) December 31, 2013
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
"Today, I Won"
I always caught feelings for someone, and hoped so much that one day there could a thing between the two of us. I'm usually the one that makes the effort to buy and/or make cute gifts, chats them every other day, and stays up all night with him.
When I was 16, my childhood crush suddenly came back into my life. We'd constantly send updates to each other, recommend favorite songs and talk even the most random things. He'd even text me as early as 6 to just greet me good morning almost everyday. I hoped so much that when I confessed, he suddenly stopped talking to me.
For short, he ghosted me. Those 6 months I spent talking to him, allotting my time for him, and staying up until 3 am for him - all gone in a simple confession. Although I had a few crushes before him, he's the only one that got me in real pain. It was the kind of pain that I never thought I'd experience. It was the kind of pain that I couldn't believe.
After 7 years (it happened back in 2017), I thought he came back into my life to stay, but I guess he's just one of the guys who distanced. I felt a complete loser that time. But during this quarantine, everything was different. I caught feelings for someone else, but he treated me with the best kindness yet.
It happened at 2 am, May 30, 2020, when I impulsively confessed my feelings through messaging him. After saying my feelings, he responded with genuine and kind words. We both even complimented each other. Although the feelings didn't reciprocate, I still found a connection that can't be replaced with any guy.
To my 16 year old self, here I am, 18 and happy. You may have felt that time was the biggest regret and loss, but I'm here to tell you, we won. Today, I won.
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.