Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano's pairing may be one of the country's best love teams now but before LizQuen happened, Enrique was paired with several actresses first for TV shows and in movies. From teen queen Kathryn Bernardo to Max Collins, check out the actresses who were already paired with him way back.
- Julia Montes. Julia Montes was paired with the actor in several projects like Muling Buksan ang Puso and The Reunion. To this day, they remain as one of Candy Girls' favorite local love teams.
- Julia Barretto. For Julia's first TV series, the actress had two leading mean—Enrique and Sam Concepcion. We actually had a hard time suggesting who she's supposed to end up with because both of them are crazy cute and talented!
- Kathryn Bernardo. Enrique's most memorable project to date with the teen queen is probably Princess & I, where she had three leading men. Were you rooting for Enrique that time?
- Lauren Young. On the remake of the '90s teleserye Mula Sa Puso, Enrique played love triangle to the pairing of Lauren and JM de Guzman.
- Max Collins. The actor also appeared occassionally on the GMA weekend show Maynila. For the episode Star Collision, he was paired with Max who played the role of a fan who was in love with a famous celebrity.
- Sarah Lahbati. For another episode of Maynila, Dangerous Charade, Quen was paired with the actress who was fresh from her Starstruck stint that time.