The 14 Biggest Newsmakers of 2014
- If anyone owned 2014, it would be Miss Taylor Swift. We could dedicate the entire list to her headlines, but really, the release of the pop-tastic album, 1989 and topping the charts for weeks proved Ms. Swift can do ANYTHING.
- It was pretty huge to find out that One Direction would be coming over, breathing the same air as us for not just ONE but TWO nights. The tickets may have been expensive but you know it was totes worth it.
- Everything was The Fault In Our Stars and everything hurt but in the best way possible. Ansel Elgort and June cover girl, Shailene Woodley stole our hearts and gave us way too many #feels. You still tear up thinking about them, right?
- Candy February cover girl and reigning teen queen Kathryn Bernardo had a huge year too. She celebrated her 18 birthday and starred in the blockbuster adaptation of She’s Dating the Gangster.
- Forever #lifepeg, Emma Watson cemented this status in our hearts when she spoke in front of the United Nations on gender equality. Best part? She got a lot of support for her #HeForShe campaign.
- Together or not together, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber's on and off relationship got us scratching our heads, too. But when she released, "The Heart Wants What It Wants," all we knew was we wanted this girl to be happy.
- Ansel Elgort, Tyler Posey, and everyone you loved participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge. The best part? The ALS Association reached over $100 million dollars in donations!
- What happens when you combine October cover boys, 5 Seconds of Summer and Ed Sheeran? You get a massively viral video of the ginger singer giving us a heartfelt cover of "She Looks so Perfect." Talk about an LSS to last a lifetime.
- Our August cover girl, Chloe Moretz proved she's leading star material with the release of, If I Stay and proved, yes, we still have tears to churn out and TFIOS hasn't cried us dry.
- Despite the drama of the hacking and the break-up, queen of photobombs, Jennifer Lawrence proved the haters wrong and came out on top with her Oscar, the first part of Mockingjay, and just being all around awesome.
- Even if Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder are broken up, it doesn't stop Elena and Damon from making us kilig on The Vampire Diaries. And of course, we can't help but squeal when Oliver gets all moony over Felicity on Arrow. We still ship it.
- From dating Harry Styles for a split second to becoming a high fashion runway model, Kendall Jenner stepped out of her older sisters' shadow this year. Still, we love her best when she's doling out advise with her baby sister, Kylie.
- Pony tail or no pony tail, August cover girl, Ariana Grande showed us she was the queen of collabos this year—pairing up with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj for the ultra catchy "Bang Bang" and "Problem" with Iggy Azalea among others.
- Finally, our December cover girl, Nadine Lustre, celebrated her 21st birthday in style with a Halloween themed celebration and a guest list that includes Candy Cutie, James Reid among other celebs.
Which headline or newsmaker was most memorable to you, Candy Girls? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom to join the conversation. :)