With digital cameras popping up everywhere, it's no surprise that you hardly see anyone using film cameras these days. But TeamManila, together with LomoManila, shows us that analog cameras are still fun to use!
Dubbed as "Lomolokal: Pinoy Pop Culture," these two groups have put up a Lomography Exhibition that shows the beauty of the Manila through the eyes of Lomographers.
Lomography is described as an attitude towards photography. According to the official Lomography site, there are 10 golden rules of Lomography.
- Take your camera everywhere you go.
- Use it any time—day and night.
- Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it.
- Try the shot from the hip.
- Approach the objects of your lomographic desire as close as possible.
- Don't think. (William Firebrace)
- Be fast.
- You don't know beforehand what you captured on film.
- Afterwards either.
- Don't worry about any rules.
At the TeamManila headquarters, some 3,000 of these fortunate lomographic accidents cover the walls of what is said to be the Embassy of Lomography here in the Philippines. The Lomolokal Exhibit runs until November 16, 2007 at the TeamManila office.
146B Jupiter Street
Barangay Bel Air, Makati City