5 Pinoy Indie Movies To Stream Based On Your Fave K-Dramas
It’s okay if you want to take a K-drama break. This gives you the option to explore other genres—say, catching up with our local indie scene! There are so many must-watch Pinoy indie movies and lucky for you, you can finally stream some of them for free. For starters, here are recos which you might end up liking even if you’re a hardcore K-drama fan:
I'm Drunk, I Love You
Starring: Maja Salvador and Paulo Avelino
Watch if you liked: Fight For My Way
Being in the friend zone sucks. Such is the case for Carson (Maja Salvador) who has been in love with her best friend Dio (Paulo Avelino) for seven years. Before graduating from college, they go on a road trip where Carson attempts to reveal her true feelings.
Where to watch: YouTube
Starring: LJ Moreno, Ramon Bautista, and Dimples Romana
Watch if you liked: The Reply series!
Here we meet stereotypical students like the popular kids, nerds, and pasaway classmates who make high school so memorable! It also gives us a glimpse of their coming-of-age struggles like dealing with a crush, standing up against a bully, and figuring out what they want to do after high school. It’s also interesting to see how the movie fast-forwards to the future and shows how these high school students have grown into young adults.
Fun fact: Senior Year is directed by Jerrold Tarog, aka the same genius behind historical flicks like Heneral Luna and Goyo.
Where to watch: Vimeo
Starring: Yeng Constantino and Felix Roco
Watch if you liked: Personal Taste and Coffee Prince
This gender-bender narrative revolves around tomboyish Estela (Yeng Constantino) who falls in love with her gay co-worker and friend Trevor (Felix Roco). Aside from their eccentric pairing, they also talk about their passions and how adulting can sometimes get in the way of them. You better not miss watching this because it won the Grand Prix or Best Picture Award at the Osaka Asian Film Festival back in 2014. Just wow!
Where to watch: YouTube
That Thing Called Tadhana
Starring: Angelica Panganiban and JM de Guzman
Watch if you liked: Lovers In Paris and Encounter
Where do broken hearts to go? Mace (Angelica Panganiban) and Anthony (JM de Guzman) find out for themselves as they embark on a spontaneous trip from Rome, Manila, Baguio, to Sagada! Throughout the movie, the two strangers open up and talk about their exes which result to a unique bond between them. Their convos are filled with hugot lines you’ll end up sharing with friends!
Where to watch: YouTube
My Paranormal Romance
Starring: Phoebe Kaye Fernandez and Van Roxas
Watch if you liked: Hotel Del Luna, The Master’s Sun, and Oh My Ghost
Watch this indie movie if you aren't afraid of ghosts! Merry (Phoebe Kaye Fernandez) accidentally inherits an old woman's third eye. And it’s literally on her forehead! With her ability to see ghosts, Merry’s college plans are put on hold as she seeks ways to get rid of her third eye so she can live a normal life. Through her search, she meets scam artist Lucas (Van Roxas) who tries to help her with the whole paranormal situation.
Where to watch: YouTube
Candy Bulletin is finally here! If you're an aspiring writer, vlogger, artist, or kahit marami ka lang talagang time, submit your entries here and make your mark in the Candy community! Share your feels, show your skills. Don't worry—we won't judge. ;)
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)