5 Performers To Watch For In This Year's Wanderland Music & Arts Festival
The Wanderland Music and Arts Festival 2014 is happening on May 17! The much-awaited gathering is back, and they've brought another set of international and local bands together to take your musical experience beyond imagination.
Planning to go, but you're not that familiar with the acts taking centerstage? Here's a list you'll love. We run down five of the acts you should watch for this year at the festival. Go and give them a spin now in prep for the event!
1. The Drums. New York-based indie pop band The Drums headlines this year's lineup. Made up of Jonny Pierce, Jacob Graham, and Connor Hanwick, the band gives off an '80s vibe with their nostalgia-inducing songs that don't sound too emotional.
Similar Artists: Bombay Bicycle Club, MGMT, and Vampire Weekend
2. The Paper Kites. Melbourne-based indie folk band The Paper Kites is known for their moody sound, which is loosely rooted in the folk music genre. The band consists of Sam Bentley, Christina Lacy, David Powys, Josh Bentley, and Sam Rasmussen.
Similar Artists: The Oh Hello's, Daughter, and Andrew Belle
3. Lucy Rose. English singer-songwriter Lucy Rose has recently contributed vocals to Bombay Bicycle Club's latest album Flaws. Now she is set to make her own name after releasing her critically-acclaimed album Like I Used To. Her poignant lyrics and heartbreaking voice is something you'll easily resonate with.
Similar Artists: Bombay Bicycle Club, Daughter, and Gabrielle Aplin
4. Brisom. Homegrown band Brisom is making waves in the local music scene. What began as a personal mission to record their beautiful material has now become a full-blown act. The band is made up of Jason Rondero (Silent Sanctuary), Jeffrey Castro (Soapdish), Kelvin Uy (Angulo, Beach head), Terence Teves (Orphanlily) and Brian Sombero.
Similar Artists: Armi Mallare (Up Dharma Down), Save Me Hollywood, and September Issue
5. Techy Romantics. Starting out in the local music scene in 2008, Techy Romantics has since become a household name for Filipino indie music enthusiasts. Most of their songs are feel-good and dreamy, putting you in a state of musical frenzy. Techy Romantics is made up of Dondi Virrey, Camyl Besinga, and Ryan Villena.
Similar Artists: Up Dharma Down, Taken By Cars, and Urbandub
Which artists do you want to watch in Wanderland 2014, Candy Girls? Tell us about them in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom!