When Olivia Rodrigo casually announced that her debut album, Sour, was on its way, we couldn't contain our excitement. This came just months after she made the world weep with "drivers license", which we know you listened to on repeat for weeks. The lyrics were *so* powerful (and yes, a little controversial) that it got the Internet piecing together a puzzle like their life depended on it, lol. With 11 songs in her first album, most of it written when she was 17 (read: an *interesting* time for many), we knew Sour was going to be a major hit.
Now that we've had time to wipe our tears and compose ourselves, we decided to take one for the team: We listened to the entire album once again just to round up her most relatable, feelsy lyrics (you know, for when you want to put it all out there).
- I'm so sick of 17, where's my fucking teenage dream?
- I'm anxious and nothing can help.
- And I wish people liked me more.
- All I did was try my best, this the kind of thanks I get?
- They say these are the golden years, but I wish I could disappear.
- I love people I don't like.
- I played dumb but I always knew.
- I kept quiet so I could keep you.
- Loved you at your worst but that didn't matter.
- Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor.
- I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one.
- I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone.
- Can't drive past the places we used to go to 'cause I still fucking love you, babe.
"1 step forward, 3 steps back"
- Am I pretty? Am I fun, boy? I hate that I give you power over that kind of stuff.
- I'm the love of your life until I make you mad.
- Which lover will I get today? Will you walk me to the door or send me home cryin'?
- Watching re-runs of Glee, being annoying, singing in harmony.
- So when you gonna tell her that we did that, too?
- She thinks it's special, but it's all reused.
- I made the jokes you tell to her when she's with you.
"good 4 u"
- Remember when you said that you wanted to give me the world?
- You're so unaffected. I really don't get it, but I guess good for you!
- You will never have to hurt the way you know that I do.
- Maybe I'm too emotional, your apathy is like a wound in salt.
"enough for you"
- Tried so hard to be everything that you liked, just for you to say you're not the compliment type.
- All I ever wanted was to be enough for you.
- I'd say you broke my heart but you broke much more than that.
- I don't want your sympathy, I just myself back.
- And I thought my heart was detached from all the sunlight of our past.
- I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me.
- You meant it when you said it first to me.
- I know their beauty's not my lack, but it feels like that weight is on my back.
- Comparison is killing me slowly.
- I'm so sick of myself.
- I wanna be you so bad and I don't even know you.
- I loved you so bad, I let you treat me like that.
- The things I did, just so I could call you mine.
- The things you did—well, I hope I was your favorite crime.
- I crossed my heart as you crossed the line.
"hope ur ok"
- Somehow, we fell out of touch.
- If you're out there, I hope that you're okay.
- I hope you know how proud I am you were created—with the courage to unlearn all of their hatred.
Cosmopolitan Philippines is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Cosmo and your favorite websites!
Follow Ysa on Instagram.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.