FYI, Metro Manila is currently put under modified enchanced community quarantine (MECQ) until April 30, 2021, and because we've been through countless iterations of quarantine, it can be hard to keep up with what is allowed and what isn't in 2021. You're not the only one confused. Twitter user @irreysistable compared the different versions of the country's community quarantines to the whole menudo-caldereta-mechado debate.
Even Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto seems to get the confusion being felt by many netizens. He hit 'like' on the now-viral tweet, just like thousands of other Twitter users.
To clear the air and help out confused citizens, the mayor posted the official guidelines of MECQ on his Twitter account. ICYMI, here are the guidelines under MECQ:
- Minimum public health standards are implemented throughout MECQ
- Strict home quarantine shall be observed in all households (Travel outside should only be limited to essentials, which includes accessing essential goods and services or work in permitted offices or establishments)
- Individuals under 18 years and over 65 years of age, as well as those with heightened health risks, shall be required to stay at home (Local government units may decrease the age restriction to 15 years old depending on the COVID-19 situation in their respective jurisdictions)
- Establishments and activities permitted to operate under ECQ may also operate at full on-site capacity under MECQ
- Establishments and activities not permitted to operate under ECQ may operate at 50 percent on-site capacity under MECQ
- Gatherings outside of residences are prohibited. Gatherings at residences with any individual outside of one's immediate household are also prohibited
- Public transportation can operate in accordance with DOTr guidelines
- Individual outdoor exercises (outdoor walks, running, jogging, biking, etc.) are allowed within the general area of residence, provided that they observe public health standards and protocols
Simply posting the official guidelines wasn't enough for the mayor. He also included a TL;DR explanation for those who might still get confused by the formal announcement. "Para sa karamihan, hindi na kailangan basahin ang kahabaan ng guidelines– basta BAHAY MUNA, maliban sa Essential Travel (gaya ng pagpasok sa trabaho, pagbili ng pagkain, at emergency)," his tweet reads.
For further details about MECQ, you may also read this explainer by reportr.world.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!