Mavy Legaspi may now be a full-fledged Gen Z star, but he still hasn’t forgotten about his first-ever leading lady: Carmina Villarroel. A self-confessed mama’s boy at heart, Mavy will take any and every chance to gush over his mom—Instagram posts, YouTube vlogs, showbiz parties, the whole nine yards. And TBH, it’s just so endearing to watch him appreciate the lady who unconditionally cared for him even before he was born.
Because we have nothing but love for this mother-son duo, here are seven times Mavy proved that he’s a certified mama’s boy:
1. ICYMI, Carmina recently celebrated her birthday with an intimate family dinner. Before the meal, however, Mavy surprised his mom with an ultra-pretty Hermes bag. He then posted photos of his mom proudly flaunting his gift alongside a sweet birthday message.
2. Earlier this year, Mavy also penned a short but heartfelt Mother’s Day greeting on Instagram. “A mother is a boy’s first true love. Thank you for always being there for me. I love you,” he wrote. So cute!
3. Mavy’s touching letters for Carmina aren’t just limited to special occasions. For instance, Mavy referred to his mom as the “most beautiful woman” when they attended the GMA Thanksgiving Gala together last month. BRB, crying tears of joy.
4. Since Mavy grew up in the spotlight, it’s pretty easy to find his childhood photos online. Going through those old photos is always fun, but Mavy took it a step further and recreated one of his adorable baby pics with Carmina. They look alike even now that Mavy’s all grown up, don’t you think?
5. Until now, we still can’t forget about that time Mavy took his mom on a dinner date at the Grand Hyatt Manila. We’re all for guys who treat their moms right!
6. Heartwarming moments aside, Mavy and Carmina are also a comedic duo! When Carmina asked Mavy to do her makeup for a vlog, we were practically falling about the place laughing.
7. It can be difficult for parents to watch their children leave the nest, and Carmina has dealt with that kind of struggle as well. She couldn’t help but tear up when Mavy needed to leave their home for his first-ever lock-in taping schedule. While most children would get embarrassed by this, Mavy was happy to hug and comfort his mom. Awww!
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!