Manila has been hit with Bieber fever and there's no denying it. We got to sit down with Justin Bieber along with other members of the media right before his concert last Tuesday. Here are 5 things we learned about the Biebs.
- He's a prankster. Justin shares, "I've been stealing people's Twitters and writing things about myself. A lot of the time I prank Kenny [his bodyguard] and I'll write 'Justin Bieber is amazing' on his Twitter. That's always fun."
- His music is universal. Though Justin is just 17, people shouldn't assume that he only makes music for young people. "My music is for everybody. I make songs suitable for my age but I'm pretty sure everybody can relate to love. It's not just for young people. I think my music will grow old with me."
- He surrounds himself with people he considers his family. Being mentored by Usher, Justin credits him as someone who has guided him in the right direction as far as his career is concerned. Asked about the people he looks up to, he says, "Drake is a new young star, I look up to him and the way he's handling himself. He's been like a big brother to me as well. Just having people close to me and making it like a family relationship, I think that's really important."
- He has Oops! moments, too. "About two years ago, I was opening for Taylor Swift. I performed in Birmingham and I broke my foot onstage. I had to hop around for the rest of the song. I finished the song but it was still pretty embarrassing."
- It's all about the music. Justin spills, "That's why I'm here. That's why I do this all because of music. Through my life, things about me will change, the music will change but overall, it's about the music."
You can still grab a copy of Justin's latest albums, which received 7 Platinum Awards from MCA Music, in record stores nationwide.