10 Things You Didn't Know About Your New Fave Leading Man Park Seo Joon
Dubbed as the master of Korean romantic comedy, Park Seo Joon has become the dream leading man we all hoped for. Aside from his charming looks, we like how he’s always able to build a swoon-worthy chemistry with whoever he’s paired up with. But in his recent K-drama Itaewon Class, Park Seo Joon showed a different side to his artistry. He went beyond the rom-com stereotype and gave us superb acting as the strong-willed Park Saeroyi. It just adds up to the many reasons why we admire him!
Get to know more of Park Seo Joon here:
1. He rendered the mandatory military service at 19 years old.
Park Seo Joon performed his military duties from 2008 to 2010. In his Esquire interview, he also shares that he read a lot of self-help books while in the military. A year after getting discharged, he made his entertainment debut by appearing in Bang Yong Guk’s music video “I Remember”.
2. He got his first K-drama lead role in A Witch’s Love.
After his minor roles in shows like Dream High 2, Pots of Gold, and One Warm Word, Park Seo Joon finally gets the lead part in A Witch's Love. There he plays Yoon Dong Ha, a 25-year-old who falls for an older woman, 39-year-old Ban Ji Yeon (Uhm Jung Hwa).
However, Park Seo Joon gained more popularity in succeeding dramas like Kill Me, Heal Me and She Was Pretty in 2015. The latter made him a lovable modern rom-com leading man. And it continued to show in his other K-dramas like Fight For My Way and What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.
3. He’s good at hosting too!
Park Seo Joon used to be an MC on Music Bank, a music show that lets K-pop artists perform their latest hits on stage. During his two-year stint, he got to present alongside former SISTAR member Bora.
4. He recorded songs for some of his K-dramas.
While he's too shy to admit his passion for singing, Park Seo Joon has recorded heartwarming tracks for some of his K-dramas' official soundtracks. He sang "Come into My Heart" for A Witch's Love, "Letting You Go" for Kill Me, Heal Me, "Long Way" for She Was Pretty, and "Our Tears" for Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth. Talk about dedication!
5. He and his friends call themselves the “Wooga” squad.
The name is said to be an inside joke among this group of celebrity friends which includes Park Seo Joon and his former Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth co-stars Park Hyung Sik and V of BTS, and also rapper Peakboy. Park Seo Joon, later on, introduced Choi Woo Shik to the group. He and Choi Woo Shik appeared together in shows like Shut Up Family and Fight For My Way as well as movies Divine Fury and of course, the award-winning Parasite!
6. He’s the first Asian male model for Tommy Hilfiger.
In 2017, Park Seo Joon and Jessica Jung got invited to the Tommy Hilfiger x Gigi Hadid fashion show in Venice Beach, California. The event was also attended by Lady Gaga, Bella Hadid, and Kris Jenner.
7. His dog’s name is Simba.
Park Seo Joon loves posting about Simba, his cute white dog, on Instagram! Sometimes, he brings his fur baby to work. How cute!
8. He speaks Spanish.
Youn's Kitchen is a reality show where celebrities travel to different countries to run a small Korean restaurant. In Season 2, Park Seo Joon joins Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Seo Jin, and Jung Yumi to run a small Korean restaurant in Spain. He waited tables and showed off his Spanish language skills. Pretty impressive!
9. He stills thinks about his character in Itaewon Class.
Also from his Esquire interview, Park Seo Joon mentioned that his character, Park Saeroyi, taught him valuable lessons like not giving up on one’s ambition and not giving in to societal pressure. These lessons helped shape his newfound perspective in life.
10. He’ll be portraying a soccer player in his next project.
For a sports fan like Park Seo Joon, working on Dream is definitely going to be a dream come true. In this upcoming movie, Park Seo Joon will take on the role of a professional soccer player. He's also going to star alongside IU who is a popular actress and singer in South Korea. This sounds exciting!
This story originally appeared on Femalenetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)