Lauren Conrad is on the cover of Teen Vogue for November 2010. And she shares her tips on getting into fashion, her favorite shopping haunts, the fashion designer she would've loved to meet, and more.
- Her tip for surviving the brutal world of fashion: get a thick skin, and get it quickly. She says, "I think only the strong survive."
- On how to get into fashion: get involved in retail. LC's first job was working in the a clothing store for 2 years. She spills that it was a big learning experience for her.
- Her favorite places to shop: in her bed, online. But when she has the time she likes to go to random boutiques and vintage stores, where she finds all the special pieces in her wardrobe.
- Her fashion icon? Coco Chanel. Little black dress, costume jewelry, women dressing in pants—all trends that Coco Chanel started and are still in style today.
- Her favorite item in her closet: skinny jeans—something you can wear everyday. You can dress it up or dress it down.
For more about Lauren Conrad, check out Teen Vogue's November issue.