For many of us—way before we went to school and sat beside the people who would be our future best friends—our first BFF was most probably our mom. From picking you up at school, ensuring you’re well-fed, and bonding over your fave movies and shows, our bond with our moms is unmatched. Of course, celeb mother-daughter duos are no exception to this, and Lucy Torres-Gomez and Juliana Gomez can most definitely relate.
If you follow them on Instagram, you’ll notice that they love referencing each other and uploading the sweetest appreciation posts for one another. Their relationship is proof that BFFs aren’t just limited to the people we meet in our future social circles!
Ahead, we rounded up all the times Lucy and Juliana were the ultimate BFF goals:
1. Like any other friends do, the mother-daughter duo may have disagreements at times, but Juliana and Lucy stressed the importance of communication. According to Lucy, they can “disagree nicely and respectfully and it won’t strain the relationship. Make the communication lines open, even if we disagree.” How’s that for a healthy bond?
2. Since Juliana is the unica hija of the family, it’s no surprise that Lucy can be protective of her, especially when it comes to love. However, she has kept an open mind about her daughter’s relationships—both platonic and romantic—and urged her not to rush into things. “I tell her lang, ‘Huwag magmadali.’ At that age, you’re so young. You feel na kasi it’s love, but ang layo pa niyan. Parang ang babata pa talaga nila. So I said na, ‘Make a lot of friends.’” Sound advice!
3. Of course, when it comes to love, Lucy is the *first* person Juliana would run to for advice. Her tip for her daughter? “Pray for a good spouse,” she noted. “Who you marry is the most important decision you make, the right partner can make you soar, the wrong one will clip your wings. This is not a decision you leave to chance or fate. This has to be God-given, heaven-approved.”
4. Even though she’s a dalaga already, Juliana still makes it a point to ask her mom for fashion advice. In an interview with Preview, she revealed that she always asks her mom what she thinks when she likes something that’s pricey. “I’d tell her that the real cost of any piece of clothing is the price divided by the number of times you wear it. So if it’s pricey but you get to wear it many, many times over the years, then that’s better than buying something that’s cheap but fits wrong or doesn’t do anything for your body,” Lucy noted.
5. What are best friends for if you can’t have them take *great* pictures of you, right? Lucy is a total Instagram mom to Juliana, as evidenced by this shot of Lucy bending down to take a photo of Juliana in her gown after attending Vicki Belo and Hayden Kho’s nuptials in Paris in 2017. A+ for effort!
6. Juliana usually takes to Instagram to upload appreciation posts for her mom, and we’re so here for it. For Mother’s Day last 2020, she took the time to write a ~short~ list of all the things she loves about her mom. “I love that you’re funny and that you don’t even know it. I love that you make all things pretty. You fill old jars with flowers and breathe life into the little spaces of our house,” a portion of her post read. “I love being around you, Mama. Happy Mother’s Day.” Aww!
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!