Is Your Body Ready for the Return of the Shows?
Meet Caleb's new friends on Ravenswood
Let's kick things off with the newbies:
- Ravenswood (October on ETC). Pretty Little Liars' Caleb leaves Rosewood for the nearby town of Ravenswood. If the snippets from PLL’s last season are anything to go by, this spin-off is going to be a lot creepier. "A" who?
- The Originals (October on ETC). I’ve been waiting for the spin-off of The Vampire Diaries (which will also come back in October) since the backdoor pilot aired last season on TVD.
- Sam & Cat (premieres October 11, 6 pm on Nickelodeon; regular slot begins October 14, 5:30 pm). iCarly’s Sam (Jennette McCurdy) and Victorious’s Cat (Ariana Grande) will make you LOL twice as hard in this mash-up show.
- The Tomorrow People (October on JackTV). A superhero series remake starring Robbie Amell (yep, cousin of Arrow’s Stephen Amell).
- Super Fun Night (October on ETC). Pitch Perfect’s Rebel Wilson leads a pack of three nerdy girl friends who make it a mission to have a Super Fun Night every Friday.
Bittersweet vibe on the Glee set
- Glee (September 27, 4pm on ETC). In a tragic case of art imitating life, Finn Hudson will be killed off in the Cory Monteith tribute episode airing in October. Kevin McHale says, "When (the cast) got the script, we were all reading it together and we were like, 'Did you get to that one scene?'" I don't know what he's talking about, but chills, you guise.
- Big Time Rush (September 30, 5:30 pm on Nickelodeon). While the BTR boys work on their new album and world tour, they face tough competition from British boy bands. Another case of art imitating life?
- The Voice (September 29, 8:10 pm on AXN). Season five sees the comeback of coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green. Will I miss Usher and Shakira? Yes. Am I still excited for the new season? Yes.
- New Girl (September 20, 7:30 pm on ETC). Nick and Jess are finally a thing. Sort of. Expect more laughs and crazy moments in season three.
- How I Met Your Mother (September on 2nd Avenue). Talk about the mother of all mysteries. We’ll finally get to know the eponymous mother in the show’s final season.
- Elementary (September on JackCity). I hear London calling for Sherlock and Watson!
A few more returning shows in October: The Carrie Diaries (ETC), Beauty and the Beast (ETC), Hart of Dixie (2nd Avenue), Arrow (JackTV and JackCity), and The Big Bang Theory (JackTV).
Now, for my wish list. Local TV gods and goddesses, won't you please air the Marvel-ous Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Alexis Bledel's Us & Them? Please and thanks.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Outdoors Danielle Flestado @artdkf | May 1, 2020 "I miss the outside world. The last time I went outside of our house was on my birthday. We just bought coffee across our village and went back home immediately. This painting made me feel that I'm in a field, just appreciating the beauty of God's creation. Can you imagine the green grass and pink flowers?"
When everything around you suddenly turns dark, the first thing we'd prolly do, as humans, is to find and grab anything that is closest and nearest to us. We'll hold onto them for as long as we can, trying to collect ourselves and gather courage to adjust our eyesights to the pitch black environment that's consuming us minute by minute. And then you'd hear nothing. Your sense of hearing would somehow go off after not seeing anything for quite awhile. You'll let loose. Cry. Panic. You'll be exhausted for fighting your way out. Then just when you're about to stop and give up, you're no longer afraid. There's only this deafening silence and pithole of darkness that's gonna eat you up alive. And surprisingly, you'll make a home out of it.
You'll make a home out of the darkness that when a ray of light suddenly hits you, you'll try to avoid it. You'll try to cover your eyes. You'll try to cover your ears from the voices trying to help you get out of it. You'll try to hide because your mind and body will go against your will to come out and live. Because the darkness that used to scare you, now comforts you in a way you thought has helped you survived life. And you'll try to live. Day by day. In the darkness. Not knowing where to go. Not knowing where to start. Not knowing who is with you. You will try to live until the darkness that once surrounds you is now within you. And everyday, it's gonna be a cycle of subtle torture. But let me tell you a secret. The darkness won't make you whole.
You'll be broken. And in those hair-like cracks, the light will stubbornly fight its way through until it warms you up. Until you realize to check the switch and turn it on. Until you allow other people to help you find your way back in the light. Until you realize you're ready to live in light again. There's a light at the end of this long and dreading tunnel. The only question that matters: will you let them in?
I always thought of life, like a bead where each piece makes it worth sewing together with other piece of beads to make a stronger bond and to create a beautiful result. Today, how do we bond well with different people especially this difficult time? As this day challenges us to a new normal, may we continue to bead along positively with our life.