Things To Know About Park Gyu Young, The Good Girl Kontrabida Of 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay'
If there's one character that gets me so riled up whenever I watch It's Okay To Not Be Okay, it's, without a doubt, Nam Joo Ri. In the drama, Joo Ri is the soft-spoken nurse who has a major crush on Moon Gang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun). On the outside, she's mild and sweet but once she comes face-to-face with her childhood ~nemesis~ Ko Mun Yeong (Seo Ye Ji), damn does she get vicious!
With her ~good girl~ exterior, she makes an even more effective kontrabida, which is given justice by the talented rising actress Park Gyu Young. Yes, we all have to remember that Joo Ri is a fictional character and that the actress who plays her is a totally different (read: REAL) person from the woman we see on-screen. So, we dug up a bit about Gyu Young and found some really interesting facts about her! Read on, below:
1. Gyu Young was born on July 27, 1993, which means she's turning 27 in a few weeks!
2. She actually graduated from the prestigious Yonsei University and studied under the Department of Clothing and Environment. How cool is that?!
3. She's signed with JYP Entertainment and only started acting in 2016. Her previous acting credits include: Romance Is A Bonus Book (2019), The Nokdu Flower (2019), and Miss Independent Ji Eun (2018).
4. Gyu Young is set to star in the Netflix adaptation of popular webtoon, Sweet Home, and will reportedly play the role of Yoon Ji Soo. Sweet Home will be released this year.
5. Based on her Insta posts, she seems to love Hollywood films—especially ones starring Timothee Chalamet.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
I started college with little to no support coming from my family. I can't blame them tho, life was pretty hard for us to afford college. I had to stand up on my own just to get by. Good thing I have a boyfriend who supports me all the way. But I can't let him shoulder it all, so, I had to accept sidelines just to finance my studies. It was fortunate of me to be blessed with talented hands to do crafts. And now, I'm so proud to say that I'll be graduating next year! So, let me share with you my works that helped me all through out my college journey.
This Quarantine has been a threat to my mental health since I had a lot of time to overthink things. This is surely a depressing time but I found my inner peace by writing. I found my way back into my first love, which is writing. And there I realized that this pandemic may seem worse but it will only get worser if you let it ruin your peace. With this, I wanna share to you my sanctuary.
Hi! It's been so long since I planned to post my story in another platform aside from wattpad and now here I am, hoping that my story can be featured here.
My story is entitle "Who Are You," it's a tagalog-english teen fiction story so I hope, those filipinos who visit here can read my story!
WHO ARE YOU: PRELUDE
Sinungaling na ba ako kung sasabihin ko sa inyo ang pangalan ko? Hindi ako sure kung anong sasabihin kong pangalan ko pero may nagsasabi sa aking wag nalang magpakilala sa inyo.
May gusto lang naman akong itanong... Paano kung may makilala ka sa kasalukuyan na nagpapaalala sayo sa nakaraan? Anong gagawin mo kung ang nakilala mo sa kasalukuyan ay may tinatago pa lang sikreto na kahit siya mismo ay walang alam pero may kinalaman sa iyong nakaraan? Anong gagawin mo kung ang dalawang ito ay may koneksyon? Anong pipiliin mo? Ang nakilala mo sa nakaraan? O ang nagpakilala bilang ibang tao sa kasalukuyan? Past? Or Present?