Maintaining childhood friendships is difficult for many, but even more so when you’re plunged into the competitive showbiz industry at an early age. Still, some former child stars go the extra mile to keep their long-time bond with their fellow young celebs. For example, Bianca Umali and Kyline Alcantara have gone through a lot since starring together in Kambal, Karibal, but all their past setbacks have only made their friendship stronger.
Since we’re all for the supportive girl power between these two, we’ve rounded up all the times this duo represented our BFF goals:
1. ICYDK, Bianca and Kyline have actually been friends for more than five years now. It’s always a nice treat to see photos from their early days in showbiz—they just look so adorbs!
2. When Bianca celebrated her 18th birthday a few years back, Kyline graced her party as part of her 18 Candles lineup. She also had the cutest, most sincere message for her bestie: “ 'Di na ako magbibigay ng quotes na ma-e-empower ka because empowered woman ka na. And nakaka-inspire ka because lahat ng ginagawa mo, hindi 'yon nagagawa ng mga tipikal na 18-year-old. Nakaka-inspire ka talaga, promise, walang halong showbiz, maniwala ka sa'kin.”
3. Similarly, Bianca also made Kyline’s 20th birthday extra special by throwing her a surprise birthday party with Mavy Legaspi and Ruru Madrid. We’re also obsessed with Bianca’s short and sweet birthday wish for Kyline.
4. Just a month ago, the two took a well-deserved vacation in Tagaytay alongside their love team partners. Kyline even admitted that she and Mavy always go on double dates with Bianca and Ruru!
5. Apart from traveling together, the four of them also enjoy working out as a barkada. Love that for them!
6. In one of Kyline’s recent YouTube vlogs, she addressed her past issues with Bianca and clarified that they’ve already moved on from all of that drama. “Ilang beses ko na rin nasabi ‘to na naging stronger ‘yung relationship naming dalawa [ni Bianca]. But now, dumating na doon sa point na if may problema ‘yung isa, parang takbuhan namin ang isa’t isa,” she explained. We don’t know the deets of their supposed feud, but we’re just glad that they managed to patch things up!
7. Of course, we also have to bring up their matchy-matchy 'fits. So cute!
8. Both of these girls are hard-working go-getters, so they’re bound to get a little competitive and tease each other every now and then. They both know it’s all in good fun though, so no one genuinely gets offended.