All the Stories We Absolutely Couldn't Stop Talking About This Year
The date was February 20, 2016. James Reid and Nadine Lustre held a concert as part of the farewell week of their top-rating series On the Wings of Love. If anything, it was just like that, a special farewell show to thank all the Jadines and the fans who supported the show during its entire run. But in just one moment, everything just fell into the right place. Their hands holding each other, James nervously but proudly said the three words they both expected and unexpected to hear. "I love you." The whole Big Dome was covered in cheers after that confirmation, and the kilig, love, and support for Jadine surely extended beyond the arena that night.
Earlier this year, Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift called it quits. It's really not that much of a big thing, TBH...until we saw Taylor and Tom Hiddleston kissing as a headline of a British tabloid. What followed suit is a series of appearances between Taylor and Tom, whether having a date with his mother, bonding with Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, or him proudly wearing an I love T.S. tank top. After a few months, both called it quits as well, but we guess it’s for the better.
Last September, the pairing of Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla made their on screen comeback 18 months after their last film together, Crazy Beautiful You. Shot in Barcelona (thus, the title Barcelona: A Love Untold), the film promised a more mature Kathniel, with some even citing comparisons to Piolo Pascual and Claudine Barretto's Milan. And all the excitement clearly paid off, as it’s the top grossing local movie so far for 2016. What’s keeping everyone so happy about the project was that we finally saw the Kathniel kiss materialize on screen after years and years of patiently waiting.
I guess we really should have seen this coming already. It happened with Geri Halliwell and the Spice Girls, Zayn Malik and One Direction. Now it's time for Camila Cabello to leave Fifth Harmony just two days ago. It all started with a tweet from the group's account indicating that Camila is leaving Fifth Harmony, after an iHeart jingle performance in Miami. While statements are in its "she said, they said" stage, we're still looking forward to that reunion years from now! It's something that we're sure is "worth it."
- Justin v. Selena: Instagram fight
Nothing keeps us more buzzed as to see exes fighting on public. Add the fact that it's Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez involved, and you have the recipe for a much talked about media feud. It all started with a comment from Selena Gomez criticizing Biebs for posting photos of him with Sofia Richie. What happened after was an answering back and forth between the two of them on Instagram, and everyone was just excited to screencap and share it. Both have apologized since then, and we hope to believe that it’s the last time we’d see anything like that again from them!
Proving that he's an all-around talent, Harry Styles decided to give acting a try. But since it's Hazza we're talking about it here, it's just not an acting debut. Instead, he worked with top notch director Christopher Nolan (Interstellar, Inception) for his first movie. Entitled Dunkirk, the war movie centered on World War II will focus on the Dunkirk evacuation. Styles will star alongside Oscar winners Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, and Mark Rylance, and while it will still premiere in July 2017, we're surely saving money for it already!
- Brad Pitt and Angelina split
"Walang forever," indeed! After a decade of being together, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie called it quits much to the shock and surprise of literally everyone. After all, it's two of the biggest movie stars in the world and definitely one of Hollywood’s power couples filing for divorce. But if this news taught us anything, it's how the two Oscar winners tried to make it as low-key as possible and both prioritizing the future of their children instead of focusing on the ugly tabloid rumors that has been spreading since their announcement.
- Miley and Liam forever
What a year it's been for Miam shippers. From the start of the year, when Miley's engagement made a reappearance on her finger and news that they were moving in together to pregnancy rumors, this couple definitely had their share of headlines. The latest update is of Liam spending the holidays with the Cyruses. We couldn't be happier for these two and we're counting down the days when they finally announce when the special day is. Do you think they'll surprise us with an end-of-the-year wedding?
What were the best moments of 2016 for you? Leave a comment below and let's discuss!
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)