A Step-By-Step Guide To Scoring Tickets To Taylor Swift's Concert In Manila
So Taylor Swift is bringing her RED tour to Asia. Big news, but what's even more important? Tickets go on sale tomorrow!
This isn't the first time Taylor's coming to Manila. 4 years ago (wow, has it really been that long?), Candy Cutie Sam Concepcion opened for her show in Araneta Coliseum. Were you able to catch her show? In preparation for tomorrow, we're listing down a guide to buying your tickets for the concert.
Disclaimer: Following these steps won't guarantee you'll get the best tickets, but we're hoping it'll increase your chances. These things get sold out super fast!
- Make sure you've got funds. We know it's kind of last minute, considering we just heard about it a couple of days ago, but there are other ways! Try to ask your parents if they can loan you some money or if you can get an advance on your allowance. We believe this may involve A+ behavior from you now until forever, but we think Taylor Swift is worth it. Don't you?
- Agree on a ceiling price. It would be awesome to sit together with all your friends, but you might not have the same budget for tickets. In 2010, the tickets went as high as P12,672 for the VIP section. So figure out your cash situation and decide where you'll sit. Be prepared for sky-high prices considering it's a much bigger venue this time around.
- Assign a ticket buyer. If you can help it, try to pool all your money and have someone buy the tickets for you. This is a good strategy for making sure you all sit in the same row, which means you can all singalong and dance to your fave tracks together. Although, we think that it'll all be Swifties in that crowd that night so you don't have to worry about shouting your feelings and swinging your head to "All Too Well" because your seatmate will probably be doing the same.
- Don't forget to set an alarm! Remember the date: February 20! Find out which outlet is nearest you. If you're buying tickets online, don't forget to bookmark the SM Tickets page. You can also call 470-2222. We have a feeling you'll just forego sleep and stay up tonight. Haha! Don't worry, we're thinking of doing the same. :P
- Commit to it. When the tickets go on sale, you better have your section figured out, ready with your money, because when you get to the counter, you've got to decide right away. No more contemplating whether or not you're willing to spend your birthday money on a night with Taylor (hello!). If you want those tickets, you better get them right away. We're not sure how fast these things will go, but you don't want to be that girl who ran out of tickets because you waited the last minute to get them. Riiight?
So good luck. May the odds be ever in our favor, Candy Girls!