There's a lot of reality and talent shows these days that it's hard to keep track of who's who, who made it, and who didn't. But in the middle of everything, these winners and finalists managed to stand out and have great careers after they bid the shows goodbye.
1. Kelly Clarkson (American Idol: The Search for a Superstar, 2002). After winning the first ever American Idol, Kelly has been tagged as "The Original American Idol" and recorded a total of 6 albums—with one Christmas album on the way. She also won 3 Grammy Awards, 3 MTV Video Music Awards, 12 Billboard Music Awards, and more. Phew!
2. Carrie Underwood (American Idol Season 4, 2005). Before she became a renowned country singer, Carrie also auditioned for the hit talent show and ended up as the season's big winner. After the show, she recorded 4 albums and won 6 Grammy Awards, 16 Billboard Music Awards, and 11 Academy of Country Music Awards—just a few of the awards she got as a singer.
3. Jennifer Hudson (American Idol Season 3, 2004). Unlike Kelly and Carrie, Jen didn't end up winning the top spot on the talent search. She instead took home the 7th place. But she proved that she has her place in the biz when she recorded 3 albums and appeared in movies like Sex and the City, The Secret Life of Bees, and the critically-acclaimed movie, Dreamgirls, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
4. Katharine McPhee (American Idol Season 5, 2006). Finishing as 3rd runner up on the talent show, Kat went on to record 3 albums and appear in movies like Shark Night and House Bunny. She later starred on the musical TV show, Smash, with Anjelica Huston and Debra Messing.
5. One Direction (The X Factor, 2010). After getting together and finishing 3rd on the show, 1D signed a record deal with Simon Cowell's Syco Records. Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, and Zayn Malik went on to make 4 albums, go on 3 concert tours (the 4th one, On the Road Again Tour, this 2015), and win 2 BRIT Awards and 4 MTV Video Music Awards—just a few of the many awards they've won so far.
6. Kim Chiu (Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition, 2006). The Filipino-Chinese Cebuana won the top spot for the 1st run of the reality show. Kim was then paired with PBB: Teen Edition 3rd placer, Gerald Anderson, for a few TV shows and movies. Today, Kim is one of the country's most bankable celebrities.
7. Gerald Anderson (Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition, 2006). After his stint in the PBB house, Gerald went on to be paired with Kim for a few TV shows and movies. Today, the actor is taking more mature and serious roles to pursue his passion for acting. Gerald's most notable projects to date are the TV show Budoy and the action flick On the Job.
8. Yeng Constantino (Pinoy Dream Academy, 2006). Yeng made a name for herself by winning the title Grand Star Dreamer for the reality talent search. She then went on to record 5 albums (one live album in 2011 called Yeng Versions Live) and pursued her dream of becoming a rockstar-slash-performer
Which reality or talent show star is your favorite, Candy Girls? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom. We always love hearing from you. :)