6 Cool Things About Greyson Chance
Among the growing number of YouTube sensations is 14-year-old singer-songwriter and pianist Greyson Chance. He was discovered in April 2010, when his brother posted a video clip of him performing Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi." Since then, this young musician has become widely successful around the globe.
During his press conference last November 19 at the Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, he made the crowd go "aww" a few times as he fondly responded to each question addressed to him.
- On his songwriting inspiration. Greyson is inspired by his fans, the places he gets to visit, and the artists he looks up to, like Lady Gaga, Coldplay, and Journey.
- His deep, dark secret. When asked about his favorite superhero, Greyson confesses, "I'm secretly Spider-Man on my nights off!" Apparently, he really loves the Spider-Man movies and he thinks it'd be really cool to shoot webs from his hands!
- On acting. Greyson is definitely one multi-talented kid. Aside from being a singer, songwriter, and pianist, he is also into acting! He was a guest star on Raising Hope and he says you'll definitely see more of him in the upcoming spring season.
- On how he keeps himself grounded. An ordinary boy who suddenly became a singing sensation, Greyson surrounds himself with people who keep his feet on the ground. He reveals, "I have an amazing team around me and I have amazing parents who are just so supportive."
- His Christmas wish list. Because he and his sister really love tea, Greyson thinks it would be great to get a tea set for Christmas. He also hopes to get a drum set since he's into playing drums.
- His dedication to Filipino fans. He dedicates the song "Hold on 'til the Night" to his Filipino fans, since it's fun and upbeat which is basically what his music is all about. He's into the pop rock genre but there's definitely more to expect from him and his signature powerful vocals.
What do you love about Greyson? Did you get to meet him or watch his Manila concerts? Sound off in the comment section below!