500 Days of Summer: The Music
Michael Weber and Scott Neustadter were already thinking of music as they wrote their screenplay. "When you're falling in love or falling out of love, that's what you do. You listen to a massive amount of music," says Neustadter. "There's always a soundtrack to any relationship and songs are a great way to express certain feelings that can't be easily articulated."
Add music video director Marc Webb to the equation and the result is a perfect marriage of video and music. "Music is half of this movie and it's a way to affect people on a pure gut level," says Webb. "Coming from music videos, I've always been interested in how you apply images to music."
Music supervisor Andrea Von Foerster shares that 500 Days of Summer is a dream project for any music lover. "Everyone involved in this film has fantastic musical taste, starting with the writers who wrote in so many great songs right into the story," she says. "That love of music has added another dimension to the storytelling."
- "A Story Of Boy Meets Girl" - Music From The Motion Picture
- "Us" - Regina Spektor
- "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" - The Smiths
- "Bad Kids" - The Black Lips
- "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" - The Smiths
- "There Goes The Fear" - Doves
- "You Make My Dreams" - Hall & Oates
- "Sweet Disposition" - The Temper Trap
- "Quelqu'un M'a Dit" - Carla Bruni
- "Mushaboom" - Feist
- "Hero" - Regina Spektor
- "Bookends" - Simon And Garfunkel
- "Vagabond" - Wolfmother
- "She's Got You High" - Mumm-ra
- "Here Comes Your Man" - Meaghan Smith
- "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" - She & Him
500 Days of Summer comes out in cinemas on October 21, 2009. Mark your calendars!