5 Reasons You Should Watch Varekai
- You've been dying to see a Cirque du Soleil show. No need to spend on airfare and accommodations abroad because the world-renowned company has temporarily set up shop in Manila. It’s their first time here so better jump at the opportunity and troop to the Grand Chapiteau. Who knows, maybe having so many Pinoys watch Varekai could convince them to come back!
- You live for adventure. Varekai is two and a half hours of heart-stopping feats. You won't go five minutes without gasping or exclaiming "OMG!” Some of our favorites: Icarus's gravity-defying dance, the Icarian Games' human juggling, and the Russian Swings' flying acrobats.
- You're a theater buff who appreciates a beautiful set. The stage is exquisite and every part is put to good use. The performers flit across the towering wooden poles in the back, vanish through the holes on the floor, and climb up scary-looking steps to get to the very top, just under the tent's roof.
- You love amazing costumes. The performers suit up in body-hugging ensembles in all sorts of hues and fabrics. Wait until you see them all onstage—it's an explosion of colors like you've never seen before.
- You want a taste of the circus scene. Get a seat near the aisles and the clowns might just pick on you—all in good fun, of course.
Varekai runs until July 24 at the Grand Chapiteau in Cirque du Soleil's mobile village near the Quirino Grandstand in Manila. Reserve seats on Hoopla.ph and CirqueduSoleil.com. For inquiries, call 669-2222.