5 Movies for Single Girls About Finding Comfort in Strong Friendships
When you go through bad days—like a failed exam in school or a breakup—one of the first people you call is your best friend. They might say the wrong things sometimes, but they're surely just looking out for you. In celebration of the great friendships we've made through the years, we've rounded up a few movies for you and your barkada to marathon anytime, anywhere—especially when one of you is having a bad few days, a reminder that strong friendships are here to stay, even if the boys you love have come and gone.
1. Bridesmaids (2011). It's hard to see your best friend get close to her new friends and it's so easy to get jealous and bitter but at the end of the day, you'll realize that you'll always be a part of her the way she is a part of you. You can't keep her forever and tell her to stop making friends. All you can do is be there beside her no matter what happens, the way she's done the same for you.
2. Sisters (2015). While this film may be about blood sisters, it's not rocket science that you have to cchoose to be each other's friends to be each other's friends! This way, your bond with each other becomes stronger.
3. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2002). Ya-Ya Sisterhood will inspire you to form your own "secret society" for empowering women and having each other's backs... for ages! Who said friendships have expiration dates, right?
4. Thelma and Louise (1991). Thelma and Louise shows us how girl friendships are supposed to be: going to great lengths just to be there for your friend—even if you find her choices really foolish sometimes.
5. Me Without You (2001). Just because you're childhood friends doesn't mean you'll have it easy when you grow up. Sometimes, being inseparable and all your differences can take its toll on what you have. When the moment comes, all you have to do is to go back to what brought you together in the first place—your unconditional love for each other.
Want to add something to the list? Leave a comment below or tweet us @candymagdotcom. We always love hearing from you. :)