5 in 5: 2PM
- What's the story behind your band's name?
The reason for 2PM is simply because it is the hottest hour of the day when everyone's most active in their lives. Therefore, it coincides with our motto in showing only the hottest performances and stages through our career. We are always working hard to bring forward HOT dances, music and performances to match our name.
- Two of your members, Wooyoung and Taecyeon, were on a show called Dream High. Are there any plans of going back to acting? Are any of the other members thinking of getting into acting too?
Aside from Wooyoung and Taecyeon, other members of 2PM have ventures into acting as well. After Dream High, Taecyeon was part of another show called Me and Star, 99 days. Chansung, on the other hand, acted in a Japanese drama Kaitou Royal and is now part of a television series called 7th Grade Civil Servant, where he plays a co-leading role and is setting his mark as an actor. Junho is also set to make his big screen debut as he is currently shooting his first-ever movie called Surveillance. All members of 2PM are very much interested in acting and are ready to try out whenever they have opportunities.
- Prior to your trip for this year's concert in Manila, have you heard of your HOTTEST fans from the Philippines? What can you say about them?
It is the first time for us to have a concert in the Philippines and this is also the first for the whole JYP Entertainment artists. So we are all quite excited and at the same time nervous about our very first concert in Manila. We have received many letters and presents from the Philippines and some even came to see us live in Korea. We are always grateful to our fans' undemanding love. This upcoming concert is very looked forward to. Finally, we will get to meet and see our Filipino fans in person, and not just in writing.
- What's your favorite thing about touring? What are the things you try when you visit a country for the first time?
The most exciting part of touring is meeting our fans in person. Not being in the same country makes it hard to see each other so we are usually very excited for this during tour concerts. When we visit some countries, we like to take a walk and experience what everyone else is doing. Of course, trying out the food and going shopping are always on our list as well.
- What's your message for our readers who can't wait to see you in concert?
Hello to the readers of Candy Magazine, this is 2PM. We will be there very soon and we are excited to see and meet all of you! We are looking forward to our first concert in Manila and we hope to see you in Mall of Asia Arena! Thank you. :)