5 Best Moments from Ariana Grande's SNL Show
Ariana Grande slayed her Saturday Night Live gig this week, doing spot-on impersonations of Jennifer Lawrence, Britney Spears, Shakira, Rihanna, Celine Dion, and Whitney Houston. But more than that, she showed us that she can make fun of herself, that she has a knack for comedy, and that she can really, really sing. Here are five times Ari blew us away on SNL.
- Her monologue. Ari opened strong by making fun of herself, from her name to her childlike looks, and by addressing her donut scandal. "It can be tough growing up in showbiz, you know. A lot of kid stars end up doing drugs, in jail, or pregnant, or get caught licking a donut they didn't pay for, which was yes childish and stupid, and I've learned that it's really time to grow up. I’m in a place where I'm ready to be caught in a real adult scandal." She's kidding, of course, all in the name of a good skit!
- The Tidal skit. In the middle of her pitch perfect impersonations, she’s asked to do Ariana Grande, and she goes, “Meh, sorry not a big fan.” Haha!
- Sassy Maria. How do you solve a problem like Maria? Well, Ari’s Maria has had it with these nuns and gives them a piece of her mind. We half-expected Ari to end with “I got one less problem without you,” but her closing statement is so much better.
You can watch the full skit here!
- The Kids' Choice Awards skit. Ari goes back to her Nick roots as a Kids’ Choice Awards backstage correspondent desperately trying to fill the time. So awkward and cute!
- Her performances as herself. It's not easy to be both the guest host and the performer in one night, but Ari made it look so effortless. BRB, learning the choreo to "Be Alright!"
What did you love about Ariana’s SNL show? Leave a comment below or tweet us @candymagdotcom!