43 Movies To Watch This Year
1. Walking with Dinosaurs – January 8
If you liked the earnest, throwback vibe of Land Before Time, you'll enjoy Walking with Dinosaurs. Justin Long fans, listen up: He voices main dino Patchi.
2. 47 Ronin – January 8
Keanu Reeves has conquered all of time and space, so why not 18th century Japan, as a former slave who joins a group of revenge-seeking samurai?
3. Bride for Rent – January 15
The story has been done a gazillion times already, but it's Kim Chiu and Xian Lim so of course I'm game!
4. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit – January 15
Chris Pine + Keira Knightley + Tom Clancy action = boyfriend-friendly movie you'll also like.
5. Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones – January 29
2014 is the year of Paranormal Activity: this is just the first of two films from the franchise coming out this year.
6. Saving Mr. Banks – January 29
Walt Disney and P. L. Travers, the creator of Mary Poppins, make for a doubly magical time at the movies.
7. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – January 29
Be warned: You'll get a serious case of wanderlust just from watching the trailer.
8. Hotel Transylvania – January 31, 6:30 pm on HBO
Remember when Selena Gomez was a teenage vampire?
9. Rise of the Guardians – January 31, 8 pm on HBO
Between Rise of the Guardians and Hotel Transylvania, better round up the girls for a movie marathon on this Friday night!
10. The LEGO Movie – February 6
How have we survived this long without a LEGO movie?
11. Fun Size – February 9, 1pm on HBO Family
Victoria Justice, Jane Levy, and Thomas McDonell? Fun, fun, fun.
12. Vampire Academy – February 14 in the US, probably around the same time here
So, um, campy, it just might be the best teen vampire movie of the year.
13. Les Miserables – February 15, 10 pm on HBO
I think it's safe to say that everyone wanted to sing along with the cast, but it was too weird, not to mention rude, to do it in the theater. Here’s our chance. P.S. I’m still not over Trip van der Bilt, the singing revolutionary.
14. Winter’s Tale – February 19
Lady Sybil from Downton Abbey (Jessica Brown Findlay) is back from the dead and she's dying again. But this line gives me hope: "Is it possible to love someone so completely, they simply can't die?"
15. The Book Thief - February 19
How precious is Sophie Nélisse? Whether you’re a bookworm or not, this movie will hit you right in the feels.
16. Argo – February 22, 10 pm on HBO
Watch Ben Affleck in all his bearded, pre-Baffman glory.
17. Mr. Peabody and Sherman – March 6
It's a Modern Family party: Ty Burrell (Phil) is Mr. Peabody, while Ariel Winter (Alex) voices Sherman’s competitive classmate.
18. The Matrix Trilogy - March 7, 7:45 pm onwards on HBO
Can you just imagine what you’ll dream about after watching the movies back to back to back?
19. Veronica Mars – March 14 in the US, hopefully it'll be shown here too!
Seven years after the TV series ended, the movie is finally happening! After all this time, LoVe still makes the world go round.
20. Gangster Squad – March 15, 10 pm on HBO
How can you miss Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone's second movie together?
21. Muppets Most Wanted – March 21
The gang meets Kermit's evil doppelganger, Constantine.
22. Divergent – March 21 in the US, most likely the same date here
Fun fact: Pretending to be Dauntless is a pretty good way to drag yourself out of bed in the morning to work out.
23. Noah – March 26
Emma Watson and Logan Lerman’s new film: The Perks of Surviving the Apocalypse.
24. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – March 26
The summer superhero buffet starts with Captain America.
25. Rio 2 – April 9
The one where Blu meets the dad and the ex-boyfriend.
26. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – April 30
"Sorry, I love you, don't hate me!" Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are TOO. CUTE.
27. Neighbors – May 7
It's post-rehab Zac Efron. Give the guy some love, won’t you?
28. Godzilla – May 15
With Aaron Taylor-Johnson as the lead guy, it's Kick-Ass vs. Godzilla.
29. X-Men: Days of Future Past – May 22
Everyone's back! Except Rogue, whose one and only scene got cut.
30. Maleficent – May 30
How perfectly cast are Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora and Angelina Jolie as Maleficent?
31. How to Train Your Dragon 2 – June 11
Look who's all grown up!
32. Transformers: Age of Extinction – June 25
Shia LaBeouf is out, Mark Wahlberg is in.
33. Hercules – July 23
The Rock as Hercules makes perfect sense.
34. Guardians of the Galaxy – August 1
Doctor Who companion Karen Gillan’s first big Hollywood movie. Amelia Pond is all grown up and bald!
35. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – August 6
Seems like Megan Fox and Transformers director Michael Bay have patched things up!
36. The Fault in Our Stars – August 20
It's an ugly cry date!
37. The Maze Runner – September 18
Attention: Teen Wolf and Skins fans! Dylan O'Brien and Kaya Scodelario star in this new dystopian movie.
38. Boxtrolls – October 22
It’s from the makers of Coraline and it stars Elle Fanning, so it’s bound to be good.
39. Paranormal Activity 5 – October 22
Just in time for Halloween.
40. The Book of Life – stay tuned for the exact date!
Channing Tatum and Zoe Saldana's animated movie is, according to IMDb, "a Romeo and Juliet-inspired love story set during a Day of the Dead celebration." Sounds innneresting!
41. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 – November 21 in the US, most likely the same date here
The beginning of the end. I do hope they tweak the iffy epilogue in the final film next year.
42. The Hobbit: There and Back Again - December 17 in the US, most likely the same date here
The last of the geek Christmas tradition.
43. Annie – December 19 in the US, most likely the same date here
Starring Quvenzhané Wallis, the youngest Oscar nominee for Best Actress, and with music supervised by Jay-Z!
Which of these movies are YOU excited to see?
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)